Blue Stars 2019

21 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I'm ready for Blue Stars to make a top six push.

If they had all the sections firing on all cylinders, at the same time, it would happen. The problem with the Blue Stars is that that they usually have one super strong, powerhouse, section that challenges the lower top tier corps while the other two sections are at the lower tier of the Top 12 competitively. The last time the Blue Stars had a super strong corps with all sections at full strength was 2010. They deserved and should have placed 7th, that year. 
From what I've heard, the hornline is sounding Top 5 and I'm not surprised. The drumline looks really young as does the guard. We'll see what happens as the season plays out. I'd be happy with the corps placing 7th, this year. It would be another notch back up the Top 12 ladder. :thumbup: 

Edited by corps8294

4 hours ago, corps8294 said:

From what I've heard, the hornline is sounding Top 5 and I'm not surprised...it would be another notch back up.... :thumbup: 

Can confirm, my son feels the same and he’s in the hornline. They know how to develop talent; SCV’s trumpet section leader this year is a 2015-2018 Blue Stars vet. 

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Just imagine where the corps might be if all that top tier talent they develop would stick around. :thumbup:

Probably could say that about many other “stepping stone” corps.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Just imagine where the corps might be if all that top tier talent they develop would stick around. :thumbup:

43 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Probably could say that about many other “stepping stone” corps.

It's that myth that having spent the summers with more corps builds one's resume' under "Faculty I studied with" and clutters one's collection box of deltas, nails, gears, pennies, crests, and feathers. etc.

Edited by xandandl

"WHEN IS A LITTLE NOISE TOO MUCH NOISE FOR DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS IN FOREST CITY?"

https://www.kimt.com/content/news/Drum-and-Bugle-Corps-noise-complaints--510690031.html?fbclid=IwAR1kCreNgXjqsHRVYw_DxtkHJnuhJ1yB9XZD9U_gl7TMf39U54qPEQnVMmc

Curious story...a missed opportunity by the journalists/news station to talk to the Blue Stars members or staff about what they do in the activity. I don't think there can be too much noise from a drum corps, aside from electronic amplification of course 🙂