Blue Stars 2019

On 6/5/2019 at 2:26 PM, Ghost said:

At one of the early Plymouth, MA Thanksgiving Parades, it started raining before the start.  SAC was standing around in front of a house when the owners came out and invited them onto their front porch and inside their home.   For years afterwards, SAC made sure they played their music 🎶 in front of that house before the parade began.

That is still going on, from what I understand.  The folks at that house now invite anyone from any of the corps getting set for the parade to come inside for a break from the cold, rain, whatever.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Play this on 11 in front of her house. 

They are up there with Mrs. Miller as the best worst musical acts ever!!!  :tongue:

• Haha 1

Today has been proclaimed "Blue Stars Appreciation Day" by the mayor of Forest City, Iowa. The public has been invited to the Forest City community appreciatiion performance by the Bllue Stars at 5 pm today at Waldorf University. Come on over!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TomVV said:

Today has been proclaimed "Blue Stars Appreciation Day" by the mayor of Forest City, Iowa. The public has been invited to the Forest City community appreciatiion performance by the Bllue Stars at 5 pm today at Waldorf University. Come on over!

I'll be there!  Can't wait ... just hope the wind dies down.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TomVV said:

Nice1 Go Stars!

I'm not one to make bold predictions based on preview shows ... but I really thought the brass book was a step up from the past years and they are performing it at a very high level for June.  The corps has taken a hit from the dreaded "stomach bug" so I suspect it'll only get better (lots of holes).  Last night was without props and I think they'll only add to the overall visual package (based on what Russ said during the comments).  I am so freaking ready for Detroit!!!!!!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

I'm not one to make bold predictions based on preview shows ... but I really thought the brass book was a step up from the past years and they are performing it at a very high level for June.  The corps has taken a hit from the dreaded "stomach bug" so I suspect it'll only get better (lots of holes).  Last night was without props and I think they'll only add to the overall visual package (based on what Russ said during the comments).  I am so freaking ready for Detroit!!!!!!

And it was really windy last night which impacted the color guard ... and that's all that matters, according to my daughter 🙂

• Like 3

Heal fast and have a great Summer Blue Stars.

Excited to see what they’re up to, they’re one corps I can always count on for something I really enjoy in their shows, even if it’s considered an “off” year.  Coming off their highest placement since 2010 bodes well.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Excited to see what they’re up to, they’re one corps I can always count on for something I really enjoy in their shows, even if it’s considered an “off” year.  Coming off their highest placement since 2010 bodes well.  

So, you'd say they're still "building"?..............sorry, bad pun

• Haha 4