Blue Stars 2019

I just got home from watching the Blue Stars rehearsal and I must say, they are gunning for a placement higher than 8th! That hornline is on fire and is playing with an intensity and maturity of a top 5 line! This years show is a definite step up in design and it has all the elements of being a memorable favorite amongst the fans! The music is accessible, it's entertaining, and it's exciting! In addition, it's challenging and the members have met the challenge and have a very mature sound. The percussion book is sweet, tasty, and the members are throwing down! In terms of the guard, this is the most far ahead I have seen them in a long time.  I'm so looking forward to seeing this show develop and evolve throughout the season. If the Blue Stars keep up the hard work and keep this show developing as it is; then the responsibility will be on the judges to do what's right. I really believe this year's Blue Stars are a Top 7 corps. :thumbup: 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

I just got home from watching the Blue Stars rehearsal and I must say, they are gunning for a placement higher than 8th! That hornline is on fire and is playing with an intensity and maturity of a top 5 line! This years show is a definite step up in design and it has all the elements of being a memorable favorite amongst the fans! The music is accessible, it's entertaining, and it's exciting! In addition, it's challenging and the members have met the challenge and have a very mature sound. The percussion book is sweet, tasty, and the members are throwing down! In terms of the guard, this is the most far ahead I have seen them in a long time.  I'm so looking forward to seeing this show develop and evolve throughout the season. If the Blue Stars keep up the hard work and keep this show developing as it is; then the responsibility will be on the judges to do what's right. I really believe this year's Blue Stars are a Top 7 corps. :thumbup: 

You’re usually pretty brutally honest regarding them so hearing you so excited makes me very excited.  Can’t wait to see the show!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice to hear the Stars continue to improve. They have become a very dependable top ten corps and I would love to see them climb. It would be great to see another top six contender. That is a difficult group to jump in to, but Boston showed it can be done. 

It will probably be another hour or two before we hear anything. The parents who were there are probably hanging onto every last second with the corps until the buses pull out. The alumni are drinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was at the preview. No uniforms for the corps proper, yet. They will be ready to go come the first show. The guard had their uniforms and they look fantastic! I'm going to say it again, this year's Blue Stars are going to have a fan favorite program. The concept is wilderness exploration. There is no story, nothing abstract, just a theme of wilderness exploration. Everything about this show is perfect. It's so well designed and the corps is definitely ready to take the show to the masses. The hornline is the crown jewel of the corps and the drumline and guard are right up there next to them. I honestly feel that they have a product that could challenge for 7th place and put a scare in 6th place. However, should they place 8th or lower, there should be little disappointment because of how awesome this show is. I haven't been this hyped about the Blue Stars in a long time and I honestly believe that their show will be my favorite this year. :thumbup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1