Blue Stars 2019

1 hour ago, TomVV said:

If you have only seen this show in the theatre you are missing a lot. Even in person you can miss much on first viewing, especially with the great field coverage. i have seen this show more than a dozen times live, and every time I see several new things. The parts fit together very well IMHO. Glad y'all are giving it a chance. 🙂

Good to hear. The camera work for BS was notably annoying, even more so than the other groups. They're definitely spread out quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So you didn't watch it. No need to be toxic. 

Why do you assume I didn't watch it? I did watch it, the visual design didn't work for me. I might've spoken a bit too harshly; sorry about that, but to say it more moderately, I feel like the Blue Stars have had a tendency in recent years to take a somewhat "gimmicky" design idea too far to the point where it detracts from the show as a whole. This year that "idea" for me is the entire visual package besides the drill itself (which I like quite a bit). The uniforms look tacky to me, I found the tent nap part uninteresting, and I have the same problem with the mountain that I had with Crown's tusk/horn/rib/claw things - they're just not integrated well into the rest of the visual design. That said, they do sound amazing, and the members are executing everything very well so I have nothing but respect for them — my problem is only with the design (and really just the visual design, although I'm uncertain how Dance Panels fits the show concept but it sounds great so I'll take it).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Why do you assume I didn't watch it? I did watch it, the visual design didn't work for me. I might've spoken a bit too harshly; sorry about that, but to say it more moderately, I feel like the Blue Stars have had a tendency in recent years to take a somewhat "gimmicky" design idea too far to the point where it detracts from the show as a whole. This year that "idea" for me is the entire visual package besides the drill itself (which I like quite a bit). The uniforms look tacky to me, I found the tent nap part uninteresting, and I have the same problem with the mountain that I had with Crown's tusk/horn/rib/claw things - they're just not integrated well into the rest of the visual design. That said, they do sound amazing, and the members are executing everything very well so I have nothing but respect for them — my problem is only with the design (and really just the visual design, although I'm uncertain how Dance Panels fits the show concept but it sounds great so I'll take it).

I haven't seen them yet 😞 I hated Crown's props last year. I hope Blue Stars do integrate theirs more.

When I marched, BlueStars were called PropCorps.    

• Haha 1