Blue Stars 2019

12 hours ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

I'll see it in Rockford in 8 days, so I'll give it that chance at least.

in a competitive year where phantom may not make finals, (and the first time in decades the Blue Stars  outscored Phantom on opening day) jealousy and  sour grapes often show themselves.  I suggest you look at all props being used this year by all the corps.  Maybe phantom could learn something.

I fear the viciousness (I hope I am wrong) will also start coming form the Cadets if or when Blue Stars leap them.  It's very difficult when your corps has been on top for so many decades, to start seeing them slide.  Blue Stars  know this all to well from their history.  

Good luck to all,

now may the dog race continue, MUSH!

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

This might be crazy to say but musically, this is my favorite show of 2019 so far. I am floored

• Like 4

Every year people under rate BS. Heck they placed 8th last year and many people predict they will place 10th or lower this year!

They are off to a strong start (unlike many other years) so it will be interesting  to see where they can take this program and no doubt they have plans to utilise the props more and add a lot more to bring the show to life. 

I’m sure it won’t be too long until they beat Cadets and then there will be no looking back. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Every year people under rate BS. Heck they placed 8th last year and many people predict they will place 10th or lower this year!

They are off to a strong start (unlike many other years) so it will be interesting  to see where they can take this program and no doubt they have plans to utilise the props more and add a lot more to bring the show to life. 

I’m sure it won’t be too long until they beat Cadets and then there will be no looking back. 

They’re back-to-back tonight in Zionsville. 

On 6/21/2019 at 6:36 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

I might've spoken a bit too harshly; sorry about that,

Not really too harsh. It seemed like a casual comment not meant to be taken quite so literally. That’s pretty standard for online forums. This isn’t NYT op ed.

For me, a lot of props don’t contribute much to shows. Some do, though. BD has some fun use of props that prompted ooohs and ahhhs from the Stanford audience. I’ll wait to see Blue Stars live, and maybe later in July when shows get settled. But the tents I saw in the theater are worth a raised eyebrow for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Not really too harsh. It seemed like a casual comment not meant to be taken quite so literally. That’s pretty standard for online forums. This isn’t NYT op ed.

For me, a lot of props don’t contribute much to shows. Some do, though. BD has some fun use of props that prompted ooohs and ahhhs from the Stanford audience. I’ll wait to see Blue Stars live, and maybe later in July when shows get settled. But the tents I saw in the theater are worth a raised eyebrow for now.

Yeah, BD has my favorite use of props this year for sure. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

I feel like the Blue Stars have had a tendency in recent years to take a somewhat "gimmicky" design idea too far to the point where it detracts from the show as a whole. This year that "idea" for me is the entire visual package besides the drill itself (which I like quite a bit).

Yes, they are cheesy and gimmicky. And I'm here for it. All of it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Yes, they are cheesy and gimmicky. And I'm here for it. All of it.

From La Crosse , Wisconsin ..... 220px-Cheeseheads_in_Stadium_(1481982351

• Like 1

Loving the Stahhs.Great work, kids and staff! Sic 'em.