Blue Stars 2019

1 hour ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

"WHEN IS A LITTLE NOISE TOO MUCH NOISE FOR DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS IN FOREST CITY?"

https://www.kimt.com/content/news/Drum-and-Bugle-Corps-noise-complaints--510690031.html?fbclid=IwAR1kCreNgXjqsHRVYw_DxtkHJnuhJ1yB9XZD9U_gl7TMf39U54qPEQnVMmc

Curious story...a missed opportunity by the journalists/news station to talk to the Blue Stars members or staff about what they do in the activity. I don't think there can be too much noise from a drum corps, aside from electronic amplification of course 🙂 

They live by a school, for crying out loud.  It’s like the maroons who live here who complain about living by Wrigley field or O’Hare.  What, you mean you didn’t know that fans go to games or planes fly out of the airport?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They live by a school, for crying out loud.  It’s like the maroons who live here who complain about living by Wrigley field or O’Hare.  What, you mean you didn’t know that fans go to games or planes fly out of the airport?

I liked that the reporter came armed with a decibel meter. 

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2019 at 8:37 AM, corps8294 said:

Just imagine where the corps might be if all that top tier talent they develop would stick around. :thumbup:

Didn’t BAC remark about this very phenomenon until 2017? Situations can change.

• Like 2

Great music selections, should be interesting to see what segments of these pieces they select and how they weave them together.  with an extremely veteran & old (age wise) corps this year along with staff stability, should be a good year.  I cant wait to hear the horns. I am hearing good things about them.  The corps is poised to make a push above the 8 slot. 

Edited by brians
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

What Mrs. Barb hears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9xhOQ26QYI

What she would prefer there in Iowa...

Image result for Iowa corn fields

• Haha 1

This story is a real-life example of Iowa Stubborn from Music Man -

Oh, there's nothing halfway
About the Iowa way to treat you,
When we treat you
Which we may not do at all.

lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/iowa-stubborn-lyrics-music-man.html

And the obvious question that wasn't asked was how much MONEY do the Blue Stars pay the college to use their facilities.

• Like 2