Blue Stars 2019

2 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

It will probably be another hour or two before we hear anything. The parents who were there are probably hanging onto every last second with the corps until the buses pull out. The alumni are drinking. 

The best part about the 50th alumni event was the drinking all day every day 

20 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

That’s what I say about retirement (j/k ish)!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Wish I had made it for the festivities. 

Watched ensemble tonight and this group just keeps getting stronger.  The only thing that can hold them back is cleaning the crazy drill they have.   They are running,rotating, and weaving all at the same time at crazy fast tempos.  If you like drill this show will be for you!  The brass has a warm and full sound that I haven't heard from this corps and I have been around for awhile.  There are some props around the field but never take up the main part of the field.    They have been a great tool to work with and I can't wait to see where it goes!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Watched ensemble tonight and this group just keeps getting stronger.  The only thing that can hold them back is cleaning the crazy drill they have.   They are running,rotating, and weaving all at the same time at crazy fast tempos.  If you like drill this show will be for you!  The brass has a warm and full sound that I haven't heard from this corps and I have been around for awhile.  There are some props around the field but never take up the main part of the field.    They have been a great tool to work with and I can't wait to see where it goes!

Just watched it too ... and I'm totally with you.  I love the show ... but they have to clean it.  This is going to be a fun year (and yes, as always, I'm biased, given that its my daughters age out year .. but I love this stuff).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Just watched it too ... and I'm totally with you.  I love the show ... but they have to clean it.  This is going to be a fun year (and yes, as always, I'm biased, given that its my daughters age out year .. but I love this stuff).

the rotations into the 1 x 1 diamond scare the crap but also make me sit on the edge of my seat.  Fantastic.