Blue Devils or the field?

Blue Devils or the field?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following will win the 2019 DCI World Class Championship?

• The Blue Devils
    • Any other corps

7 hours ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

That's true, but it's also been forever since they won a total of just 2 caption awards over the course of 3 years - none in 2016, 2 in 2017, and none in 2018. To compare, the last group of three years where they didn't win twice was 2011-2013. They won at least one caption award in all of those years — 1 in 2011, 3 and a tied 4th in 2012, and 1 in 2013. They also haven't won the Zingali in the last three years after winning it every year from 2006-2014.

So the gap is closing. Ok, some great points there that I never even realized. Still, until I see otherwise I’m hardwired to believe that BD will kick a** and have no mercy on the field the year after they place 2nd. Another significant stat is that BD goes undefeated in years after they lose since 2009.

• Like 3

Yawn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

So the gap is closing. Ok, some great points there that I never even realized. Still, until I see otherwise I’m hardwired to believe that BD will kick a** and have no mercy on the field the year after they place 2nd. Another significant stat is that BD goes undefeated in years after they lose since 2009.

Very true. I think we might start to see them place 3rd occasionally and lose their "winning after losing years" streak that they've maintained since 2007, but they're definitely going to keep winning regularly for a very long time.

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

whoever scores highest

I wish that worked in horse racing. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

1 hour ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Very true. I think we might start to see them place 3rd occasionally and lose their "winning after losing years" streak that they've maintained since 2007, but they're definitely going to keep winning regularly for a very long time.

As long as they continue to be the destination of choice for top vet talent, they will absolutely continue their dominance for years to come.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

The dark horse pulls ahead at the wire. 

Is the name of the dark horse,  " David" ?..  or " Goliath " ?:bigsmile:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Is the name of the dark horse,  " David" ?..  or " Goliath " ?:bigsmile:

Oh that's good. 🙂 

Hey thanks, now that's two shows this year whose theme I "get". The only thing better would be BC's show called Goliath: The Conquest. 

(or maybe that's the hidden meaning?) 

• Like 1

Here is another one, can SCV medal this year? Not only has BD went unbeaten in years following a silver medal, but the corps to beat BD since 2008, Phantom, Cadets, Crown,  and Coats didn't even medal in the following season. I hope SCV medals. But BD has proven time after time that it's one thing to get to the top of the mountain, it's a whole different story to stay there. DO IT UP DEVILS!

• Like 3

Basically, this will be a new judging system in so far as field judging has been shifted; the experience of the judges will be different even if sheets and numbers are static. Anyones' guess.

• Like 1