Blue Devils or the field?

Blue Devils or the field?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following will win the 2019 DCI World Class Championship?

• The Blue Devils
    • Any other corps

I absolutely love the concept and music for BD's show this year and know they will be phenomenal, as always; but I will take the field this year. SCV, Bluecoats, Carolina, and Boston should be pretty sweet as well.

15 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Self-explanatory. I post this every year.

I think BD will finish 3rd 

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Here is another one, can SCV medal this year? Not only has BD went unbeaten in years following a silver medal, but the corps to beat BD since 2008, Phantom, Cadets, Crown,  and Coats didn't even medal in the following season. I hope SCV medals. But BD has proven time after time that it's one thing to get to the top of the mountain, it's a whole different story to stay there. DO IT UP DEVILS!

None of those corps beat BD like SCV best BD. I will be surprised if SCV doesn’t repeat 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

I think BD will finish 3rd 

History says otherwise. It is jaw-dropping amazing what they have accomplished.

• Like 1

I'm all for history, statistics, trends and the general consensus that BD is/was/has been the cream de la cream for a zillion years, but as the late, great George Tuthill used to say (paraphrased for effect), "History, Statistics and Trends are like bikinis - they show a lot, but they don't show everything".  

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 1

I'll predict BD in third when I see some significant staff change happen. As that has not yet occurred they're still a lock for top 2 until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Bluecoats, Santa Clara, Boston, Crown are equal to Blue Devils. They are no longer "The Field" The question is who out of this group will finish first last. Blue Devils are always good but they haven't won Guard or Percussion since 2015, haven't won Brass since 2014 and got shut out of all Captions last year. Devils will be up there just not a strong favorite. But who knows, each year is different.

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1