Blue Devils or the field?

Blue Devils or the field?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following will win the 2019 DCI World Class Championship?

• The Blue Devils
    • Any other corps

On 6/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, Chief Guns said:

Only time BD finishes 3rd is in the annual predictions thread. 

DO IT UP DEVILS!!!

They didn't finish 3rd in 2005 either 

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

They didn't finish 3rd in 2005 either 

And i will be the first to say they didn't deserve the bronze that year. They finished right where they was supposed to be that season. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

And i will be the first to say they didn't deserve the bronze that year. They finished right where they was supposed to be that season. 

Yeah... that show came across as one of those "It was a good idea on paper" shows.  LOL.  Didn't quite work out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yeah... that show came across as one of those "It was a good idea on paper" shows.  LOL.  Didn't quite work out.

Given that the last times they've placed out of the medals were 05, 87-93, and 73-74 -- 10 times out of a total of 46 DCI appearances...and the last 2 times being in the last 25 years -- I'd say any placement out of the medals is a longshot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Given that the last times they've placed out of the medals were 05, 87-93, and 73-74 -- 10 times out of a total of 46 DCI appearances...and the last 2 times being in the last 25 years -- I'd say any placement out of the medals is a longshot.

I hear that, Sam. The odds are definitely in their favor.

Then again, I've bet on some "sure thing" horses who are still out there running, so no one should take my advice.  :tongue:

The jockey could fall off the horse at the start and BD would still medal. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

shhh i said that earlier and got poopoo'd

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2019 at 12:26 AM, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

They also haven't won the Zingali in the last three years after winning it every year from 2006-2014.

Cavies won it in '07, so you mean 2008-2015. In 2016-18, they did get the top number in Finals but lost the averages. I wonder...had any other corps won the caption in QUARTERS and FINALS but got a bad number in SEMIS, would anyone object? BAC got a semifinal gift and won last year.