Blue Devils or the field?

Blue Devils or the field?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following will win the 2019 DCI World Class Championship?

• The Blue Devils
    • Any other corps

16 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

Bluecoats, Santa Clara, Boston, Crown are equal to Blue Devils. They are no longer "The Field" The question is who out of this group will finish first last. Blue Devils are always good but they haven't won Guard or Percussion since 2015, haven't won Brass since 2014 and got shut out of all Captions last year. Devils will be up there just not a strong favorite. But who knows, each year is different.

BD almost always has the most experienced members and the deepest staff talent pool. The fact that they took silver last year while not winning a major caption says it all. They will be the front runner unless Coats pulls off another shocker.

• Like 1

BD is in first place right now. That’s the traditional slotting that starts every season. So, would-be 2019 champions other than BD, get it going!

Also, sorry about this BAC. But you have no chance. Bruckner’s Law Of competitive inertia says so. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Haha 1

Last year I said SCV will repeat.  I hope they do.  I will know more after tonight.

BDB is changing their focus to local talent and for that I am happy.  Their new staff if incredible and watch out 2020 for them!   They are still going to be a force to recon with though.

18 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

BD almost always has the most experienced members and the deepest staff talent pool. The fact that they took silver last year while not winning a major caption says it all. They will be the front runner unless Coats pulls off another shocker.

I don't think Bluecoats winning would be a shocker and Vanguard repeating would surprise no one. Bostons whole staff has and knows how to win Championships. Crown was so close in every caption ( top 3 in Brass and drums) except visual. You know you're going to correct that this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I wish that worked in horse racing. :tongue:

Stay in your lane 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

Basically, this will be a new judging system in so far as field judging has been shifted; the experience of the judges will be different even if sheets and numbers are static. Anyones' guess.

I don’t think it’ll impact brass or visual as much as percussion 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Stay in your lane 

Yeah... I wish the horses I bet on did!!!  :laughing:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

BD is in first place right now. That’s the traditional slotting that starts every season. So, would-be 2019 champions other than BD, get it going!

Also, sorry about this BAC. But you have no chance. Bruckner’s Law Of competitive inertia says so. 

BD will lose it's first match up with SCV - just watch.

• Like 1

My head tells me BD. Just because SCV won last year doesn't mean they are a dominant force YET. Besides it's been since 05/06 that BD has gone 2 years without a title. There has been nothing to convince me otherwise and I predicted SCV would be the 2018 champion at the end of the 2016 season because that's the way it's been since 2008 and it was finally SCVs turn to win. If things continue down this road SCV will stay in it for a few years as Crown fades and in a few years Boston will get their turn to win.

My heart tells me SCV or Bluecoats. SCV has the power and motivation on their side with a fantastic show last year that most DCI fans really enjoyed. Bluecoats are a very popular, innovative and in demand corps that most young people can really get behind and be passionate about. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Bluecoats are a very popular, innovative and in demand corps that most young people can really get behind and be passionate about. 

Yes they are, but they’ not judging.

• Like 1