Which corps under 15th do you think can make the rise?

Predictions for corps who are below 15th  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who can rise to 15th or higher?

• Madison Scouts
    • Troopers
    • Pacific Crest
    • Music City
    • Genesis
    • Seattle Cascades
    • Jersey Surf

I don't think Madison fits with this group. They just had a bad year last year. A REALLY bad year- but they will rally

That being said. My vote goes to Music City. They have had one of my favorite shows at Semis the past 2 years and with their popularity and making some moves with staffing I think the sky is the limit. Given I don't know anything about color guard but I think they should have placed higher.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

I don't think Madison fits with this group. They just had a bad year last year. A REALLY bad year- but they will rally

That being said. My vote goes to Music City. They have had one of my favorite shows at Semis the past 2 years and with their popularity and making some moves with staffing I think the sky is the limit. 

Totally agree with both of these points. 

Sounds like great things are happening with Troopers this spring also, btw. And I'd love to see PC break through one of these years, though. I don't get to see them every year, but always really enjoy them when I do.

• Like 2

Madison Scouts - The 16th place finish in 2018 bookends the LOS-era when they placed 15th in 2009. This is significantly lower than the corps' average placement in that time frame of 11.3, however their average performance in the last three years is 13.7. There's no reason to think they would be lower than 16th in 2019 based on historical performance but it would take a change of trend to get back into finals' contention.

LOS Range - 8-16; LOS average - 11.3; 3 year average - 13.7

Troopers - Troopers have placed 17th the past two years, just one place better than their LOS worst placement of 18th in 2012. The corps' average placement in the LOS era is 14.7 with a worse than that 16.0 average over the past three years.

LOS Range - 12-18; LOS average - 14.7; 3 year average - 16.0

Pacific Crest - Like Troopers, Pacific Crest has placed below its LOS average (18.8) for several years in a row with an average placement of 20.0 over the past three years.

LOS Range - 16-21; LOS average - 18.8; 3 year average - 20.0

Music City - Music City has been on an upward trend. Their average placement all time at Lucas Oil Stadium is 26.8 with a range of 21st to 32nd. The last two years have been their best two finishes at 24th (2017) and 21st (2018). 

LOS Range - 21-32; LOS average - 26.8; 3 year average - 24.0

Genesis - Genesis has been very consistent with finishes between 22-24 for the past six years in a row. The LOS average is 24.6 and the last three years' average is 23.3. Very consistent.

LOS Range - 22-30; LOS average - 24.6; 3 year average - 23.3

Seattle Cascades - 2018 tied this corps' lowest performance at LOS at 27th (also in 2013). The average the past three years (25.0) is just about what it is for the full LOS time period (24.5).

LOS Range - 22-27; LOS average - 24.5; 3 year average - 25.0

Jersey Surf - This corps also had its lowest placement at LOS in 2018 at 30th. Each of the past four years have been below the corps' average placement.

LOS Range - 20-30; LOS average - 24.1; 3 year average - 27.7

• Haha 1

I agree with those who say Madison does not belong here since they found themselves in 16th after an off year. I do think we will see a more stable Madison this year. What that means for placement remains to be seen. I’d also add Troopers to this category since they have placed above 15th multiple times. This is a year of transition for Troopers with a new director on board. We’ve seen cases where dust needs to settle, and cases where new faces bring new momentum.

We also need to keep in mind for a corps to rise, another corps needs to fall. Have not heard much from Academy which means little. People are enthused about Colts program. Spirit is edging closer and there are no signs I know of that the momentum is fading. I’ve personally felt Crossmen need a bit of a shot in the arm though this does not mean falling from finals or the Top 15. Phantom has received a great deal of negative comments on DCP but that does not mean falling from finals. It has been said by some making finals the second year is harder than the first, but I expect to see Mandarins in finals. 

Without knowing who will fall out of the Top 15 it’s hard to predict who will rise, but I do think Music City will be a corps to watch this summer.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

That being said. My vote goes to Music City. They have had one of my favorite shows at Semis the past 2 years and with their popularity and making some moves with staffing I think the sky is the limit. Given I don't know anything about color guard but I think they should have placed higher.

I'l disagree. in 16, they were 13th. in 17 they just hung on to be 12th. They've placed no higher than 8th in the last 10 years, and the competition below 6th is deeper than ever.