Looking for 3 Prelims tickets

LHBTrombone

Going to be in the area for Prelims and thought I'd take in my first Championships experience.  Looking for 3 tickets, preferably close to the 50, but will certainly entertain others.

As a side question, how likely is it to move in towards the center during Prelims if our seats are further out?  At what point do the center sections start to fill up?

Thank you all!

17 hours ago, LHBTrombone said:

Going to be in the area for Prelims and thought I'd take in my first Championships experience.  Looking for 3 tickets, preferably close to the 50, but will certainly entertain others.

As a side question, how likely is it to move in towards the center during Prelims if our seats are further out?  At what point do the center sections start to fill up?

Thank you all!

The areas of LOS utilized for prelims are more restricted and less than the areas opened up for Semis and Finals most years. DCI therefore doesn't have to pay for as many ushers and stadium personnel.  Center section closer to field tend to be percussion fan(atic)s and parents of lower placing corps who are looking to see their prodigy who may not make it to Semis and Finals many years. Therefore, not always a lot of seats. Higher up, the "Friends of DCI" and other rich folk have prime seating, but don't always use it. However, ushers tend to be a bit more rigid in ticket checking protocols. But it becomes pretty full from about 15th from last corps on.  It's a gamble and previous successful result is not necessarily guaranteed to be duplicated, or however those rich stockbrokers and hedge fund guys say it.

Edited by xandandl

• 1 month later...

I have one prelim ticket in sect.140, row 21. $59 face value. jmwittert@comcast.net 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, musicgirl77 said:

I have 4 prelim tickets available in sect. 442. Will break up.

Also, we've always found that prelim crowds come and go with followers of whomever is playing, or around that time-frame and it's fairly easy to move around. Always be aware there will be people that come in with said tickets that expect their seats you've encroached, so be kind and gracious.