podcast: drum corps

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I have been perfectly fine with your commentary on DCAK.

yes but I guess with the recent Phantom controversy, Dr. Hinton put up an episode this week calling out those that criticize online and on podcasts, and basically wants everyone to be all sunshine and roses.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes but I guess with the recent Phantom controversy, Dr. Hinton put up an episode this week calling out those that criticize online and on podcasts, and basically wants everyone to be all sunshine and roses.

Terri ... you're up! (I’ll listen to it tomorrow.)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

On 6/2/2019 at 9:29 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

Trust me ... anything Terri (and Jim) would put out would make the Drunk Corps International folks blush!

Man... as a former radio guy, I would love to host that one!!!  :laughing:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Terri ... you're up! (I’ll listen to it tomorrow.)

Oh for ####’s sake.  I haven’t read every single comment on that  subject thread but what I’ve seen hasn’t been overtly critical.  Alumni have voiced their opinions, too.  We’re having constructive conversation.  It’s healthy.  

Trying to silence people is not a solution to any problem.   That’s what they attempt to do on the other side of the activity.  It doesn’t change anything and the future is not all sunshine and roses over there. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

well - I know there is some work involved, but DCP is missing out on an easy opportunity -

I think a podcast rotating between the top 12 posters or profile scores would be fun.

the host and 2 or 3 guests talk for 15 minutes about latest issues on DCP and what's going down on the tour and the the 2nd 15 minutes is twitter questions or submitted questions/topics from dcp -- participation is based on dcp score or popular threads/posts --

A good podcast gets ad sponsors which equals $$$ --

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Phantom controversy! What possibly could that be? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I think a podcast rotating between the top 12 posters or profile scores would be fun.

the host and 2 or 3 guests talk for 15 minutes about latest issues on DCP and what's going down on the tour and the the 2nd 15 minutes is twitter questions or submitted questions/topics from dcp -- participation is based on dcp Score or popular threads/posts-

It might be tough to find candidates who are able to go around the country visiting corps during ST to gather information.  That is if the corps want their show announced to the world.  A phone call would not give a true reading of the corps.

Edited by Ghost

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Where's the Wolf when you need him to drop the line..."well, let's not start sucking each others #!&%$ quite yet."  Sorry....that's more appropriate for the podcast isn't it?

• Haha 2