2019 Uniforms

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

This.

Year after year since Bluecoats decided to go all rogue in 2016.

This thread might as well be nothing but CopyPasta. 

#exactly #butiamthebadguy

Just now, tesmusic said:

#exactly #butiamthebadguy

They are all the same.

They are meant to look uniform.

They mirror the show theme.

They're thematic uniforms. 

End of story. 

#Next

• Like 3

On 6/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, tesmusic said:

2019...hooray for the same jokes and pictures as 2018, 2017...we’re an awfully original bunch!

It's called a Running Joke. something that a group of people continue to refer to and/or find funny over a period of time. Not about any particular corps.

Or in today's vernacular,  A Meme. Like when someone says something stupid on DCP, we put up a troll meme. tenor.gif

Edited by boxingfred
added content
  • Haha 3

it's a lot more than the bluecoats switching over to predominantly performance wear/costumes with the corps proper.

bloo winning gold in onesies opened the floodgates, and i don't care which corps you say use "uniforms", the average person would call what the entire top 12 wears now costumes. heck, 10 years ago, these would easily be mistaken for colorguard costumes even for dci fans. exactly nobody would've called them uniforms. 

to be clear, i don't frelling care what anybody calls them. 

5b92c14db9daf.png?width=680

5b92c17ae6e15.png?width=680

5b5e77c98b076.png?width=680

5b92c22800433.png?width=680

5b92c26a15e58.png?width=680

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lance said:

it's a lot more than the bluecoats switching over to predominantly performance wear/costumes with the corps proper.

bloo winning gold in onesies opened the floodgates, and i don't care which corps you say use "uniforms", the average person would call what the entire top 12 wears now costumes. heck, 10 years ago, these would easily be mistaken for colorguard costumes even for dci fans. exactly nobody would've called them uniforms. 

to be clear, i don't frelling care what anybody calls them. 

5b92c14db9daf.png?width=680

5b92c17ae6e15.png?width=680

5b5e77c98b076.png?width=680

5b92c22800433.png?width=680

5b92c26a15e58.png?width=680

They were the first to truly pull out of the traditional uniforms, which is why I mentioned them. This "running joke" started with them, though I just find it an annoying argument being had with the same folks that I have to sift through to find uniform updates for the 4th year now.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

It's called a Running Joke. something that a group of people continue to refer to and find funny over a period of time. Not about any particular corps.

Or in today's vernacular  A Meme. Like when someone says something stupid on DCP, we put up a troll meme. tenor.gif

Still makes it lame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like last year was one of the more dramatic changes of what corps looked like versus the previous year. I think last year could prepare us for this year to a degree. 

As with many drum corps evolutions, generally they are taken to an extreme before taking it back a little. I think the same could be said for the uniforms (sorry I'm still going to call them that). I do think we'll see a little bit more of corps going back a little bit. I do think there will be some pretty extreme changes for some corps, though.  

For me, I used to be very traditional when it came to uniform looks. But after the last two years, I feel like I'm slightly desensitized to the idea. 

That could all change soon, but only time will tell. 🙂

7 hours ago, Lance said:

show bloo's or BD's shows from the past few years to any random group who know nothing about dci, and the majority will call what they're wearing costumes, not uniforms

Oh please...they'd say the same thing if you showed them 83 Bridgemen and VK. 

Come down off your cross...someone else needs the wood.

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 2