2019 Uniforms

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

No, in other words enjoy the performances these kids are putting out for us, or shut up. Its your choice.

No. This is an OPINION forum. Not a pom pom session. I'll enjoy or not enjoy what I like and post what I like without being bullied by the likes of you. BTW, we've LONG passed the time that those in this activity could be referred to as "kids".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yogitom said:

No. This is an OPINION forum. Not a pom pom session. I'll enjoy or not enjoy what I like and post what I like without being bullied by the likes of you. BTW, we've LONG passed the time that those in this activity could be referred to as "kids".

Oh I'm sorry, do you prefer "young adults"? Is that what is PC these days? Point is, these kids are working their butts off, enjoying what they're doing, and it's THEIR TIME, not ours. Pull an Academy, build the bridge, and get over it. 

And if you think this discussion is bullying...🤣

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

24az6h0.jpg

Academy’s uniforms are...interesting. I’m all for progress but I’ve grown so accustomed to Academy looking classy that this will definitely take some getting used to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Academy’s uniforms are...interesting. I’m all for progress but I’ve grown so accustomed to Academy looking classy that this will definitely take some getting used to. 

Definitely a bit of a departure for Academy. WGI wins over another one. I don't "not" like them, but you're right. It'll take some adjustment. I really liked the long coat look from the past, but (sigh) things change and so must they. 

I like them. don't like the blue but, I like them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Definitely a bit of a departure for Academy. WGI wins over another one. I don't "not" like them, but you're right. It'll take some adjustment. I really liked the long coat look from the past, but (sigh) things change and so must they. 

Yeah it’s not that I don’t like this look. I just don’t like it for Academy. I thought the long coats  were iconic for them and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sad to see them go. I get it. Just kinda bummed out about it. 

• Like 1

It appears that the corps may be wearing capes. The inside of the capes look red/orange and possibly the other side a bit more silver, but that just might be the picture. If there's enough of a color contract, the capes could add a cool effect. 

They didn't have any headgear last year, so that doesn't bother me. It does seem a bit of a departure from the suit style they have had, but I definitely don't dislike it. 

As for the "bridgework".... I get it, but it seems a bit busy. Reminds me a lot of Cadets last year.

The thing I'm really not sure about is the left shoulder thing that goes into the blue sleeve. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, East9900 said:

As for the "bridgework".... I get it, but it seems a bit busy. Reminds me a lot of Cadets last year.

Was thinking the same thing. A guy my age watching that many kids moving through drill in costume patterns like that gives me goo-goo eyes. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer

On 6/2/2019 at 9:04 PM, year1buick said:

Regiment’s is looking pretty good. 🙂 (This is all FJM would show.)

CKHNCAb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

If I don’t get a new eye glass prescription soon, that’s what all the uniforms will look like two weeks from tonight at the tour premiere, at least to me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1