2019 Uniforms

8 hours ago, kdaddy said:

If you ask the students who are actually putting them on and marching, I'd bet they'd say it does mean better. 

I would agree 10000%. I couldn't imagine doing what these MM's do now when I marched and CERTAINLY not in the late 80's and early 90's uni's. I get that people like tradition. I'm that way in several aspects of my life. But the equipment has to change with the times and that includes uniforms (or costumes..whatever you want to call them. I call them uniforms....because well, they're UNIFORM from member to member.) The idea that we do what we do because it's what has always been done is a losing proposition. We have to learn to adapt and change our perspectives so that we can at least appreciate what is being done. 

I like the Colts Uni's. I'm not as much of a fan of Academy but I will need to see them on the field and in context to see if they make sense. 

7 hours ago, Lance said:

i found something even worse than the worst dci uniform (and please, let's turn those frowns upside down)

ugly-51313.jpg

Oh research some old Padres and Astros uniforms 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh research some old Padres and Astros uniforms 

First season Major League Soccer kits. There’s an inaugural season kit reveal of all the teams somewhere that’s just amazing  

On 6/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, westcoastblue said:

I am not sure you are being serious. Are you trolling? Correct me if I am misreading your post, BUT,  if one follows the logic of your opinion, uniforms/costumes do not matter. Phantom could wear neon green tuxes this summer while doing a show about Joan of Arc.  Last year's SCV could have worn bunny rabbit costumes, long pink ears and white puffy tail included. SOS could have shown us 150 nuns ship wrecked on a island, and Troopers could simply have done their show in ripped jeans and second hand store old beer brand T-shirts. You can argue that back in the day the corps wore uniforms that linked them only to their corps and not to any music choice or show theme. Yes, this is true. But dressing special characters in productions was soon followed by show-themed costumes for the guard,  and now uniforms/costumes for the brass and percussion- all carefully crafted to bring the effect of the show to a higher level than uniforms that are not linked to the music, style, vibe, theme at all.  I assume every competent GE judge, certainly early in the season or upon first viewing, comments and considers the scoring value of the uniforms/costumes, head gear, lack of head gear, flag designs, prop designs, every color they see, etc.  

This is a well done response. FWIW, I do not think he was trolling. Just giving a strong opinion. I personally love the addition of theatrics through costuming for every performer. Now, like with music and movement, the possibilities through costumes are endless. 

On 6/3/2019 at 4:42 PM, Incognito365 said:

This.

Year after year since Bluecoats decided to go all rogue in 2016.

This thread might as well be nothing but CopyPasta. 

You talkennn about dem elvis's? 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, BRASSO said:

Haha !!... I see what you did there !! ( Star was 3rd in GE Visual & 4th in Field Visual at Finals Night in '93. )

Star will forever be nothing to me. The only thing I remember them for is porgy and bess. :sarcasm:

On 6/8/2019 at 11:27 PM, KPinCAL said:

can I buy you guys a round of beers? 

depends on the label. 

On 6/9/2019 at 6:30 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Absolutely adored that show

They might have had something that year if they were able to afford buses that worked. :peek:

spent all the money on the uniforms or the guard?

Edited by E3D