2019 Uniforms

We can leave literal interpretations of show themes in uniforms to the Blue Stars. No one can top their 2018.

57 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Wait a minute.  Eleran was replying to post by Glenn426, which said "Boston got it spot on for a show named Goliath".  So, if you are going to call out Eleran for being too literal, you need to also call out Glenn426 for being wrong.

Again you are claiming in order for something to be "spot on" it needs to be LITERAL and HISTORICALLY ACCURATE TO A FAULT. So I don't think I need to call him out. I guess next you are going to claim since Tears for Fears wasn't around during the battle of David and Goliath they shouldn't have chosen that musical material.

It's art/entertainment people....use your imagination and pull the stick out and stop over analyzing everything. Good gravy......

I can't get over this conversation. Guess at this stage it shouldn't surprise me too much...

Boston releases positively bad ### uniforms - people complain

Regiment releases a modern and slick take of their classic uniform - people complain

Colts release a distinctive uniform (a lot more original and creative than their traditional - and, people complain

I thought we wanted more "Uniform" like apparel for the drum corps. Seems like that's what we are getting - including the Regiment one that is CLEARLY Regiment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Spatzzz said:

Parable - A simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson.

It most certainly is a parable.

Well, I don't consider it simple.

Just as I don't consider a war to be a story, I call it history.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Again you are claiming in order for something to be "spot on" it needs to be LITERAL and HISTORICALLY ACCURATE TO A FAULT. So I don't think I need to call him out. I guess next you are going to claim since Tears for Fears wasn't around during the battle of David and Goliath they shouldn't have chosen that musical material.

It's art/entertainment people....use your imagination and pull the stick out and stop over analyzing everything. Good gravy......

Take it easy there.  And yes, for something to be "spot on", that kinda says it's EXACTLY the way it should be.  And it's just silly to say those uniforms are SPOT ON.

I kinda like them, I think.  But are they "spot on"?  No.