2019 Uniforms

1 hour ago, Lance said:

how "wobbly" are those boston helmets? they kind of look bucket-y (not flaming, please don't freak)

gotta love the precision of my word choices here. 

worked for Marvin the Martian

22 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

jSpcA02.jpg?1

/thread

Some of the worst things ever allowed on a football field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As with every change in drum corps, they usually go bonkers with a new idea and then bring it back. I think 2018 was the bonkers year. SO FAR, it looks like they are bringing it back a little but it is still very early. 

I'm sure there will be several corps that will be completely head scratching choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

No worries...the helmets are held in place with electromagnets....although the drum majors say they are getting interference on their in-helmet communications system with the design team.  BAC is working on it.

Perhaps Bill Belichick can give them some advice. :tongue:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, East9900 said:

As with every change in drum corps, they usually go bonkers with a new idea and then bring it back. I think 2018 was the bonkers year. SO FAR, it looks like they are bringing it back a little but it is still very early. 

I'm sure there will be several corps that will be completely head scratching choices. 

I'm ok with those risk takers... Hell if it Wasn't for Bluecoats 2016 we would probably all still be wearing militaristic uniforms that add nothing to the show concepts.. 

I say be brave, be bold, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them. 

Blue Stars 2018, everyone learned where the limit is and while it can be done, it probably shouldn't be done.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lance said:

how "wobbly" are those boston helmets? they kind of look bucket-y (not flaming, please don't freak)

gotta love the precision of my word choices here. 

These are the exact helmets Star wore with their jet-propelled '90-'91 drills, just in black, and they never had the "bobble head" problem Blue Stars did. It looks like Boston even has some additional fabric/padded thing under them, plus that industrial strength chin strap and buckle. They are unlikely to go anywhere, though the performers' heads are probably going to feel pretty hot, especially compared to last year with no hat.