2019 Uniforms

6 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Some of the worst things ever allowed on a football field.

I believe their GE and Visual scores overall at finals begs to differ. Thou you may not like the uniform. I think that the judges liked the concept and those performers and corp made it work! Thank you Blue Stars for thinking outside the box and coming up an original costume for a uniform!  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

worked for Marvin the Martian

Did Mongo, from Flash Gordon, have a Praetorian Guard? If they did, I might imagine this look for them.

Lots of stern faces and apparent angst in this year's reveals. Everyone is so crazy serious. And deep.

I just got back from two weeks in Japan with 20-year-old university students. I've good evidence kids these days know how to relax, drink some beer and sake, and laugh a little.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dmuniz_crossmen_fan said:

This Crossmen from the 70’s loves what they are doing here.  I saw them practice their show this week and it will look fantastic with this motif.  The theme of the show is more in line with early Crossmen than a lot of other recent shows.  Now, I want Bones to appear with an axe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Lots of stern faces and apparent angst in this year's reveals. Everyone is so crazy serious. And deep.

I just got back from two weeks in Japan with 20-year-old university students. I've good evidence kids these days know how to relax, drink some beer and sake, and laugh a little.

If you read the comments on corps social media pages like Instagram, you’ll see a completely different view on the uniforms/shows/literally anything else. I’m a youngin’ myself but I come here because there is no other site that has that love for drum corps that spans 20+ years... I find that to be an extremely important part of the conversation. Hell I’ve learned so much stuff just from reading the comments on here these past couple years. There’s a lot that can be learned from all the generations. Some young fans don’t like the old and some older don’t like the new. I wish I could hear a g bugle line for example, but I understand change is necessary. I think the takeaway here is that DCI is something that only happens for a couple months once a year, and you’ll notice regardless of what opinion we have on the changes, we find ourselves coming back every year excited to be entertained by the hard work the boys and girls do. That should be enough 🙂 it is for me at least. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

I am so down with Crossmen’s uniforms. Those look great!

Mike

I got to see a full uniform run tonight and thought they looked and sounded great. It’s a fun and entertaining show. The trombone kill da wabbit feature was also fun. 😉

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

If you read the comments on corps social media pages like Instagram, you’ll see a completely different view on the uniforms/shows/literally anything else. I’m a youngin’ myself but I come here because there is no other site that has that love for drum corps that spans 20+ years... I find that to be an extremely important part of the conversation. Hell I’ve learned so much stuff just from reading the comments on here these past couple years. There’s a lot that can be learned from all the generations. Some young fans don’t like the old and some older don’t like the new. I wish I could hear a g bugle line for example, but I understand change is necessary. I think the takeaway here is that DCI is something that only happens for a couple months once a year, and you’ll notice regardless of what opinion we have on the changes, we find ourselves coming back every year excited to be entertained by the hard work the boys and girls do. That should be enough 🙂 it is for me at least. 

I don’t even know who I would be without drum corps after all of these years.  

• Like 4