2019 Uniforms

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t even know who I would be without drum corps after all of these years.  

It’s a special little niche. I think we’re all better because of it. 

Edited by johnpendell
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Along with Ryan Leaf and Johnny Manziel...

I looked up the term "complete fraud" in a dictionary, and there was a picture of Johnny Football.  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, johnpendell said:

If you read the comments on corps social media pages like Instagram, you’ll see a completely different view on the uniforms/shows/literally anything else. I’m a youngin’ myself but I come here because there is no other site that has that love for drum corps that spans 20+ years... I find that to be an extremely important part of the conversation. Hell I’ve learned so much stuff just from reading the comments on here these past couple years. There’s a lot that can be learned from all the generations. Some young fans don’t like the old and some older don’t like the new. I wish I could hear a g bugle line for example, but I understand change is necessary. I think the takeaway here is that DCI is something that only happens for a couple months once a year, and you’ll notice regardless of what opinion we have on the changes, we find ourselves coming back every year excited to be entertained by the hard work the boys and girls do. That should be enough 🙂 it is for me at least. 

I wasn't promoting a complaint, just an observation. And intended to be a light-hearted observation. I'm pretty much fully behind the corps doing what makes good sense to them and their members, even when things they come up don't align so well with my personal tastes. 

• Like 2

Tease from Crown: 

Edited by Mac13
  • Like 2

Looks like it's going back to the previous style. I'm really curious to see this full uniform in color. It's been said the outer fabric is somewhat reflective and sounds like could be a really cool effect on the field. 

These teases are killing me, though. 

5 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Ugggh what's the point...

Well, from the picture we can tell they will wear a shako of some sort. 

1 minute ago, Mac13 said:

Well, from the picture we can tell they will wear a shako of some sort. 

Or fako. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Those are sweet though.  Your head is not cooking like an egg in those.  You have proper ventilation.

This.

The move was for the sake of the kids and their health. Sure, anyone can say "Well, we survived", but that doesn't make it any less hazardous. I know I personally would have been thankful for the open tops when I was in high school, let alone if I marched corps! Would have kept a lot of kids from passing out in 100+ degree weather back in the day.

Plus, they look great on the field!

• Like 1