2019 Uniforms

35 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Was watching the Don Warren funeral video Cavaliers posted on Facebook.  Nice to see that they still have the classic uniforms

Me, too. I think they’ve worn those at finals  awards ceremony the last couple of years. Maybe in 2016, too.

39 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Was watching the Don Warren funeral video Cavaliers posted on Facebook.  Nice to see that they still have the classic uniforms

That's the one they use for parades, I think.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 10:37 PM, Whiskey said:

Nah bruh

93e.jpg93b.jpgGmen3.jpg

Those are freakin' amazing! Just not in a good way....

P.S. LOL @ Remo drums. I remember a line I taught having those once. I think we collapsed 3 shells in one day. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Photographer Jim said:

I'm of the thought that the reveal teases are primarily aimed at the corps' alumni and loyal fans; a way to generate a little extra excitement and anticipation. Personally I don't mind it at all. Provides a bit of fun while waiting for the season to step off. 

Fair. I mean, the teases don't bother me; they just baffle me. But, if a teaspoon of extra excitement among the fan base is worth the effort and there is a benefit to the corps members because of it, then tease away, I guess.

49 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Fair. I mean, the teases don't bother me; they just baffle me. But, if a teaspoon of extra excitement among the fan base is worth the effort and there is a benefit to the corps members because of it, then tease away, I guess.

Its to keep people talking on social media over a longer period of time. Rather than just a single set of likes/retweets/shares with a one-off uniform reveal, they stretch it across multiple posts and multiple days to keep people talking about and thinking about the corps in question. We can argue about how much that really helps a group in the long run, but it certainly doesn't hurt anything.

At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure it's for current marching-age kids who are all over social media. If corps were doing this sort of thing when I marched, I think it would've certainly had an effect on which group I thought of as "cool" and where I might want to audition.

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Oh my! Crown expanded on the Anna Hartman look. Different for sure! 

Looks like 2017 for sure 

• Thanks 1