2019 Uniforms

36 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Looks like they're having a pajama party. 

The pajama comments that go with these threads makes me think of the cracks the Star Trek TNG era people get whenever they’re in a time travel situation. It’s always a pajamas or trapeze act remark. 

Given the theme and Galaxy Quest selections, I dare say the look is intentional. 

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Given the theme and Galaxy Quest selections, I dare say the look is intentional. 

Those of you with guard experience will have to help me here..... Adam Sage is listed as the Artistic Director for Troop.  Is this his style, and given the lack of contrast in the guard costume, would that not make the guard harder to stage visually?  I dunno, just thinking/typing out loud on a Sunday morning.

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

reminds

Yep especially guard.  I like the translucent aspect though.  GE points!

21 hours ago, bearwy said:

Oh, my.  Casper Troopers.

We have not heard from Granny Smith in a while, and she’s not posting on Facebook anymore, not sure if she’s no longer on social media or whether she is part of the DCP community in the Great Beyond (not always sure Granny was not a created person either, but that’s beside the point). But Granny, if you’re still out there, the Troopers need your homespun advice. You didn’t like the uniforms in 2012, and in 2013 we had one of the best shows in recent memory, so they listened. I don’t think you’ll be saying “Hee Haw” about this year either.

However, I have often said if you do not like a corps uniforms, a great show will either make you forget about them or maybe even endear them to you. I don’t think the Troopers have ever got anything less than a standing ovation from me.

2 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Looks New Age. I like it. Not as bad as I initially thought. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Haha 1