2019 Uniforms

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It's marching band. Is hype really necessary?

To keep the younger generation interested? Yes. This generation as the attention span of a gnat. I know a few personally that once their phone is taken away, they shut down. Try to get then to watch a movie without their phone. They're out in minutes! So in todays generation, it's important to keep their attention, and thats where building hype comes into play.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

To keep the younger generation interested? Yes. This generation as the attention span of a gnat. I know a few personally that once their phone is taken away, they shut down. Try to get then to watch a movie without their phone. They're out in minutes! So in todays generation, it's important to keep their attention, and thats where building hype comes into play.

I'm a part of the generation you speak of. I believe you are grossly exaggerating. 

Regardless, I do get what you're saying. I just am of the Opinion that people will be excited regardless of whether the uniform is revealed in bits and pieces or all at once

• Like 5

10 hours ago, year1buick said:

Time to put on your p p p poker faces.  (Sorry, I couldn’t resist...)

OGh1L1A_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Oh dear God...just when I thought drum corps costumes couldn't get worse. This might be the worst uni in the history of this activity. YIKES!

On 6/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, Dpsouthern81 said:

This is the pic that I meant to reference in my previous post.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Oh dear God...just when I thought drum corps costumes couldn't get worse. This might be the worst uni in the history of this activity. YIKES!

That's not the uniform sweetie

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

That's not the uniform sweetie

Either Lady Gaga has found a way around the age limit or she's getting paid to be a drum corps uniform model. It's pretty obvious she will be one of the vocalists due to the microphone. I've heard she is pretty good, but her vocals overpowered the hornline because they had the amps too high.

Edited by East9900

At last, a uniform that matches the stature of the Cadets. IMO last year's uniform was too feminine looking. Nothing beats a West Point cadet style uniform or a variation. Case in point, The Marine Drum & Bugle Corps has stayed up to date with modern type shows and music but still wear the time honored Marine uniform which we all love.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1