2019 Uniforms

7 hours ago, Dmiggles said:

Dear guard men... dance belt!!

Hmm why are your eyes wandering down there sir?

21 hours ago, East9900 said:

IMO Spirit's release is the example of a poorly conceived uniform release.

Here's why: I have zero clue which uniform is the corps, which one is the drum major's and which one belongs to the color guard. Or are they uniform changes throughout the show?? They did nothing to distinguish between them. I cannot be the only one that is confused and in my opinion that is why this video was poorly conceived. I think I know which one is which, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it. 

I don't have a problem with the style because they look fine. 

From other posts I have seen online, I believe that it was SoA's intention not to reveal which sections of the corps is wearing what outfit. But, from the video of their Concert at the Park, the hornline is wearing the hot pink look. 

12 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

From other posts I have seen online, I believe that it was SoA's intention not to reveal which sections of the corps is wearing what outfit. But, from the video of their Concert at the Park, the hornline is wearing the hot pink look. 

Shouldn't everything be called Neon *color* :tongue:

1 hour ago, palmettomello said:

Really? Why?? I understand being secretive, but that's a bit ridiculous. If they're going out of their way and spend money for a cool, stylistic video, why leave it up to the fans to figure out which costume is the brass/guard/etc? In what way does not showing which group is wearing what benefit them? I totally get leaving out information to add excitement, but all this does is confuse and cloudy up the clear vision that they have. I see it more as a lost opportunity than a gained one. Let's say someone saw that and assumed (because that's all one can do at this point) that the hornline is wearing the uniform on the left. Then the hornline shows up in the one on the right... the hot pink one. How on earth does that help SoA?

This is a perfect example of trying to get too cute with things. In the end it isn't going to ruin the corps or have them gain/lose a spot. In fact I'm really rooting for them to make it back into the Top 12. Moves like this just make me scratch my head.

A good decision shouldn't have to be explained.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, East9900 said:

A good decision shouldn't have to be explained.

This could be said for about 95% of drums corps as a whole right now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JT76 said:

This could be said for about 95% of drums corps as a whole right now. 

I wouldn't quite say that high, but I would agree and say it's far too high than it should be. 

I definitely didn't mean to imply it was only a SoA issue, but a large part of drum corps has this problem. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Hmm why are your eyes wandering down there sir?

I mean, if there's a little bump out of place or moving in fabric, one might notice even if that's not their thing...