2019 Uniforms

18 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I was at that show. It was the first time I ever saw Vanguard, BD and Garfield live. I was awe-struck. But, I was comfortable in the stands - haha. You gave a great show though, so although I was comfortable in the stands, I wanted to be YOU.

Thanks!  It was a good show....the last 30 seconds have been my cell phone ringtone for years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Thanks!  It was a good show....the last 30 seconds have been my cell phone ringtone for years.

I love that.

The thing I remember most about that show was how the announcer said "Vanguard, you may take the field in competition" as though nothing else mattered but Vanguard. As a 14 year old it sent shivers down my spin...just like the performances of the entire top 7 did at that show, but especially the top 3.

5 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

We differ in opinion here. I'm not sure what all the hoopla about Bluecoats is.

I feel the same way about Vanguard. I feel like they took a page out of the Bluecoats book and came out with Babylon 2.0. I don't see anything special here.

5 hours ago, yogitom said:

Sorry, but Bluecoats show is much better and will outplace them IMO..

Bluecoats don't have as high of a ceiling. It looks like a finished product in August right now. What can they add to push their score up? If they do, they'll end up adding too much and pull another 2017. It's just too well layered right out of the gate, and for Crown to be only a quarter of a point behind them with no layers isn't a good sign. I LOVE the Bluecoats show, but I think they may have "screwed the pooch" here. We will just have to wait and see.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

Bluecoats don't have as high of a ceiling. It looks like a finished product in August right now. What can they had to push their score up? If they do, they'll end up adding too much and pull another 2017. It's just too well layered right out of the gate, and for Crown to be only a quarter of a point behind them with no layers isn't a good sign. I LOVE the Bluecoats show, but I think they may have "screwed the pooch" here. We will just have to wait and see.

You may be overthinking this 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Bluecoats don't have as high of a ceiling. It looks like a finished product in August right now. What can they add to push their score up? 

Your suggestion is that the Bluecoats will score in the low 70s in August?  Surely you have overstated your position.

5 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

You may be overthinking this 

Perhaps, but I too do not think Bluecoats will medal this year. I’ve seen 4 shows that I think have superior designs right now - SCV, BD, Cavies and Crown, and SCV doesn’t even have their closer on the field. I think Bluecoats show is over-designed and there are way too many props that really don’t add anything to the show. Of course they will do more with them as the season progresses but it is just overload and looks messy to me. I have the same feeling as I did in 2017 - that they are going to get passed up and finish lower than many think. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Your suggestion is that the Bluecoats will score in the low 70s in August?  Surely you have overstated your position.

I didn't say their performance level wouldn't get better. You're reading too much into it. 

People have been saying Bluecoats don’t have a ceiling every year since and including 2014. Just because it looks finished and doesn’t need a bunch of rewrites and cleaning doesn’t mean it can’t improve.  That allows you to really max out the performance side, adjust, evolve, fill in, experiment, etc.  2016 and 2018 were prime examples of that.  There was something new every show, even if it was tiny.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Jesus Christ, go back and reread my post. Every single one of you since I posted it have misinterpreted what I said. The design looks like it's finished, and if they add anymore to it they will end up with another 2017. What's so hard to understand about that? Again, it's an opinion, but we have history to back it up. 2017 was an August show coming out of the gate, and it landed them in 5th. They still worked on performance, which they do every year, but performance only gets you so far in an effect world.

• Like 1