2019 Uniforms

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My fathers favorite uniforms were you guys and the Troopers. He never marched but his niece did (Bridgemen) and of course I did. He always loved the 27th. 

It always looked so comfortable to me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It really was a great uni and I do miss some of the really iconic designs. But I think it's really because the uniforms back then WERE iconic. You always knew when 27th or BD or Phantom was coming onto the field and it built excitement before the first note was played. Now, I have to wait to hear the corps announcement sometimes to know who it is I'm dealing with. But again, man those things must be SO comfy by comparison. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Having moved from a lined, WOOL cadet-style / Eisenhower-style jacket (with top hook closed, of course :blink:) and shako to "just a SHIRT???" (albeit w/ a green ascot) and 2-7 Aussie was, in a word, REFRESHING...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tedrick said:

do we know what is going on with Scouts' hats? most recent post on twitter and they seem to have a park rangers' campaign hat  and the VFW uniform cap -- who is wearing what?

That battery is the only section wearing white hats I think. 

On 6/23/2019 at 9:22 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It really was a great uni and I do miss some of the really iconic designs. But I think it's really because the uniforms back then WERE iconic. You always knew when 27th or BD or Phantom was coming onto the field and it built excitement before the first note was played. Now, I have to wait to hear the corps announcement sometimes to know who it is I'm dealing with. But again, man those things must be SO comfy by comparison. 

Yup. Its ironic that in this era of societal diversity, drum corps has gone the other way towards homogenization. I miss drum corps with a British, Scottish, Spanish, Mexican, Jazz, classical, & Broadway theme.