2019 Uniforms

10 hours ago, boxingfred said:

I think corps are afraid to show their costume designs because we rip on them so bad before we even see them on the field.  I know I've been guilty of ripping a few uniforms. I know I ripped Cadets uniform last year before I saw it on the field. I was wrong. What looked so odd at first glance worked perfect on the field. 

Well, if thats the reason for the delay in the reveal, it only delays the inevitable. Fans are going to know the attire and headgear the first week of the season, even if the Corps delay to then. From that perspective, if Corps expect to be " ripped on them so bad " by fans, it seems that it would be better  for these Corps then to get the attire reveal out maybe in April or earlier. This way marchers can adjust better to any criticisms that might crop up. Theres not much advantage to  have the reveal come out the week/ month of the opener of the season and have marchers have to deal with being " ripped on them so bad  " during that timeline, imo. There is the old wise adage.." if bad news ( or expected criticism ) is coming forth, get it out early and complete, rather than later ". As for Academy's reveal, I know they are getting ripped to shreds on other social media websites on their attire reveal, but patience is required, as you are correct, until we see these on the field it seems a bit premature to be ripping it to shreds and making jokes about it from an artist's depction, or a photograph, etc.

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well, if thats the reason for the delay in the reveal, it only delays the inevitable. Fans are going to know the attire and headgear the first week of the season, even if the Corps delay to then. From that perspective, if Corps expect to be " ripped on them so bad " by fans, it seems that it would be better  for these Corps then to get the attire reveal out maybe in April or earlier. This way marchers can adjust better to any criticisms that might crop up. Theres not much advantage to  have the reveal come out the week/ month of the opener of the season and have marchers have to deal with being " ripped on them so bad  " during that timeline, imo. There is the old wise adage.." if bad news ( or expected criticism ) is coming forth, get it out early and complete, rather than later ".

Except there is a totally different vibe when things are revealed after the season premier. The focus is very different and more holistic. 

Look at all the crap PR has had to deal with since their show reveal. Is it any better with uni reveals? Where is the upside? 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, westcoastblue said:

BRASSO, you edited my original post thinking you would elevate your current rant and position on uniforms/costumes, and present my view on the topic as indeed ridiculous (as  the twisted quote from my original now reads, due to your manipulation). .... Well, one more thing- if my full post is read carefully, one should see my suggested uniforms as humor identified as such by the sentence that proceeds those suggestions- you know, one of the important sentences you edited out of my original post in order to elevate your own position. 

My friend, it's a complete waste of time.  Virtually everyone here has tried and failed.  My recommendation - just block the posts.   

7FK3ZF1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lance said:

star 93's uni really enhanced their visual, imo

Haha !!... I see what you did there !! ( Star was 3rd in GE Visual & 4th in Field Visual at Finals Night in '93. )

Edited by BRASSO

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

several days ago I posted about Colts that they looked like the Orange Cavaliers, as opposed to one Reddit poster who referred to Academy's newest as the love child when Cadets 18 betrothed Phantom '13: the result is Oreo Cheesecake.

Ah the wits and witless are  marking time until the 20th in Detroit.

its a real jungle out there, X.... lol!

37 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Except there is a totally different vibe when things are revealed after the season premier. The focus is very different and more holistic. 

Look at all the crap PR has had to deal with since their show reveal. Is it any better with uni reveals? Where is the upside? 

I see your point.  I suppose there can be persuasive argument that maybe Corps should not reveal things until the start of the season . I liked it so much better however when young and old alike rarely if ever were ragging or making jokes on Corps attire or whatnot choices.... In April. June... or August.  This does take some getting used to now, doesn't it.

Edited by BRASSO

22 hours ago, BRASSO said:

This is pure nonsense. But if any fans are to accept this nonsense that judges are judging fashion choices, headgear choices in shows ( they're most decidely not ... but assuming they WERE ), then it logically compels us to ask if it was SCV's choice in costuming attire last summer that helped secure them their first DCI title in 19 years , and conversely, if BD lost the few tenths they could have utilized because their costuming choices for 2018 were not judged as well by the judges as was the fashion choices made by SCV last season.

But... this is just plain silly.... of course. SCV won their title last season and the fact they had no headgear, and wore the simple attire  that they did,  had nothing at all to do with the scores and placement the judges awarded them. Furthermore, when Corps opted to go to " theme specific " attire, its reasonable to assume as well we all would have received information that the new judging criteria that went into effect would now be judging attire and headgear choices by the judging community. But to my knowledge, no such info was provided ... anywhere... to anyone.... even from DCI pr Flo Marching.... that judges would  now be judging the fashion choices of the Corps in these judged shows. But there has been no such info disseminated. For a simple reason, imo. Judges, despite the silliness promulgated in some quarters, are NOT judging the fashion choices Corps are making, and as a result, scores and placements are not predicated on what marchers are wearing in attire and headgear. And frankly, God help us, if scores/ placements in the future DO become like a Peacock/ Fashion Runway competition endeavor, than a Drum Corps competition endeavor.

a uniform can be a great effect, a bad effect, or no effect. SCV's uniform last year IMO, worked and helped them because...white on green turf! Easy to see!

Like back when VK debuted the orange in the front, white in the back uniform....92 I think? When they turned to go backfield, it was an effect! It was an effect when haf the corps faced front, half faced back. Now form readability issues didn't help, but it did create an effect.

you can poppycock, balderdash, liar liar pants on fire anything I say, and you will cause in your mind you're never wrong, but....

you're wrong. gain some actual understanding what goes into judging effect on todays sheets...on most sheets for the last 25 years.Hell 35 years. 

oh wait...SCV 85 and 86....going in the tunnel one color pants, coming out another...not an effect? Hell yes it was, and trying to say anything otherwise is just being bullheaded and not putting your ego to the side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

Next DCP design style argument:  does one cut the toast into squares with + segments or diagonally, making two triangles each which fit into one's hand?  Have at it.

with my kid, it changes daily.