Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lance said:

how "wobbly" are those boston helmets? they kind of look bucket-y (not flaming, please don't freak)

gotta love the precision of my word choices here. 

worked for Marvin the Martian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

jSpcA02.jpg?1

/thread

Some of the worst things ever allowed on a football field.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with every change in drum corps, they usually go bonkers with a new idea and then bring it back. I think 2018 was the bonkers year. SO FAR, it looks like they are bringing it back a little but it is still very early. 

I'm sure there will be several corps that will be completely head scratching choices. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

Some of the worst things ever allowed on a football field.

What were they thinking! Not a good look.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, craiga said:

No worries...the helmets are held in place with electromagnets....although the drum majors say they are getting interference on their in-helmet communications system with the design team.  BAC is working on it.

Perhaps Bill Belichick can give them some advice. :tongue:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, East9900 said:

As with every change in drum corps, they usually go bonkers with a new idea and then bring it back. I think 2018 was the bonkers year. SO FAR, it looks like they are bringing it back a little but it is still very early. 

I'm sure there will be several corps that will be completely head scratching choices. 

I'm ok with those risk takers... Hell if it Wasn't for Bluecoats 2016 we would probably all still be wearing militaristic uniforms that add nothing to the show concepts.. 

I say be brave, be bold, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them. 

Blue Stars 2018, everyone learned where the limit is and while it can be done, it probably shouldn't be done.. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

 

I say be brave, be bold, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them. 

 

I love that.  Good advice for us all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lance said:

how "wobbly" are those boston helmets? they kind of look bucket-y (not flaming, please don't freak)

gotta love the precision of my word choices here. 

These are the exact helmets Star wore with their jet-propelled '90-'91 drills, just in black, and they never had the "bobble head" problem Blue Stars did. It looks like Boston even has some additional fabric/padded thing under them, plus that industrial strength chin strap and buckle. They are unlikely to go anywhere, though the performers' heads are probably going to feel pretty hot, especially compared to last year with no hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

Some of the worst things ever allowed on a football field.

Bob the builder would disagree lol!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.