2019 Uniforms

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wore uniforms I hated. 

I was kinda ambivalent about our ‘92 uniforms (I liked the later season version better than the draped one we started with) but I loved our ‘94 uniforms. That basic scheme of white top and pants paired with a black baldric, gauntlets and gloves is still my favorite. But they’ve had a few years that’ve made me shake my head. I still liked the shows but the uniforms weren’t to my taste. (Not that it matters, LOL.)

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Imagine if you didnt have to sweat to death while wearing something you could move freely in.  Oh the humanity that these members get now a days.

Exactly. Good God I was so uncomfortable most of the time in my uniform. Restricting, hot, not breathable. I envy current members.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Mine was drenched and body was written to stuff arms because it was so tight. 

Yeah, drenched too. Just uncomfortable all around especially during day parades or prelim shows.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yeah, drenched too. Just uncomfortable all around especially during day parades or prelim shows.

I remember after one prelims show, I was so overheated that I started stripping down right after we’d trooped the stands.  It was in Dekalb. Holy hell, it was hot.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. Good God I was so uncomfortable most of the time in my uniform. Restricting, hot, not breathable. I envy current members.

Peeling your carrier off your body was always fun too. I think we started with MAG carriers and then the Fiber Vests came out and we had the silly thought that they would be better. They were MUCH better on your back but man alive they would make you sweat like you were on a Greyhound bus headed to Cali. We drilled extra holes in them thinking they would get some extra air flow somehow (which it didn't) but it probably unknowingly reduced the weight somewhat.

It's a trade off. I envy the MM's for their comfortable uni's now but I don't think I could have hung with all the stuff they do now drill and dance wise. These cats are freakin' amazing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember after one prelims show, I was so overheated that I started stripping down right after we’d trooped the stands

See, I came in after the trooping the stands days but my dad used to talk about it. 

• Like 1