2019 Uniforms

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I remember after one prelims show, I was so overheated that I started stripping down right after we’d trooped the stands.  It was in Dekalb. Holy hell, it was hot.

You must have had a lot of fans that day. Texas in '88 was torture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I think my worst was long after my DCI days when I started back with Corpsvets (Atlanta CV) in Orlando (maybe it was St Cloud) in 2005 at the SE championships. It HAD to be 1.2 billion degrees outside on the practice field with 1000% humidity. Then it rained during the show. It was wretched and I'm pretty sure that everyone from all the corps at that show smelled like wet dog afterwards. 

I'm sure there were times when it was equally as bad in my DCI days but the older I got, the less heat tolerant I became. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think my worst was long after my DCI days when I started back with Corpsvets (Atlanta CV) in Orlando (maybe it was St Cloud) in 2005 at the SE championships. It HAD to be 1.2 billion degrees outside on the practice field with 1000% humidity. Then it rained during the show. It was wretched and I'm pretty sure that everyone from all the corps at that show smelled like wet dog afterwards. 

I'm sure there were times when it was equally as bad in my DCI days but the older I got, the less heat tolerant I became. 

What was worse was in retreat when I'd have a mosquito buzzing around my ear and couldn't do anything.

11 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Crown's read very well on the field. People will see that when they are in the top 3 with SCV and BD at finals.

Sorry, but Bluecoats show is much better and will outplace them IMO..

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, yogitom said:

Sorry, but Bluecoats show is much better and will outplace them IMO..

We differ in opinion here. I'm not sure what all the hoopla about Bluecoats is. They probably do have my favorite music, but I just don't think the overall design is going to hold up. I think they will be 4th, and I definitely think Vanguard is going to repeat.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

We differ in opinion here. I'm not sure what all the hoopla about Bluecoats is. They probably do have my favorite music, but I just don't think the overall design is going to hold up. I think they will be 4th, and I definitely think Vanguard is going to repeat.

I agree with you except i think i will be a two horse race for winning between BD and SCV. I said the same thing when i saw the BC show (pun intended).

2 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I agree with you except i think i will be a two horse race for winning between BD and SCV. 

It would be hard, and perhaps foolish, to argue with you here. You are right - you can never count BD out. I learned that the hard way in 2015 when I was celebrating my favorite show of the season (Crown) winning on semifinals night. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper 24 hours later, LOL. 

I do think Vanguard is the show to beat this year. But if there's one corps that can always beat anyone, it's BD. But, I will call Vanguard repeating now, just to see if I'm right this early.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

84 Whitewater prelims was no picnic....but after seeing the Suncoast guys dying in double-breasted wool, I felt SO fortunate to wear the classic BD uni...especially since the ruffles in front were just a dicky and not s full shirt like the 88-93 version was.

Mars is infamously hot during the day during the practice season, but the WORST day ever was Memorial Day camp at Atwater HS...we'd get bath towels wet and drape them across our shoulders...and then we could watch them dry out during runs...absolutely awful.

Just now, 84BDsop said:

84 Whitewater prelims was no picnic....but after seeing the Suncoast guys dying in double-breasted wool, I felt SO fortunate to wear the classic BD uni...especially since the ruffles in front were just a dicky and not s full shirt like the 88-93 version was.

Mars is infamously hot during the day during the practice season, but the WORST day ever was Memorial Day camp at Atwater HS...we'd get bath towels wet and drape them across our shoulders...and then we could watch them dry out during runs...absolutely awful.

I was at that show. It was the first time I ever saw Vanguard, BD and Garfield live. I was awe-struck. But, I was comfortable in the stands - haha. You gave a great show though, so although I was comfortable in the stands, I wanted to be YOU.