DCPI-29 OPEN FOR BUSINESS

23 hours ago, hostrauser said:

I don't think that was ever an official rule and, honestly, I don't remember that being the case in the prior seasons I've run (my memory is far from air-tight, though).

Regardless, I gave everyone almost two weeks' notice that the unlimited caption selections would be going away yesterday. Sorry.

Only reason I brought it up was because it is in the rules on the FAQ section of the website, sorry. I'm just frustrated because I had a huge caption change and couldnt execute it, but I guess I'm under the same rules as everyone else. Thanks for the clarification

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingLukeXVI said:

Only reason I brought it up was because it is in the rules on the FAQ section of the website, sorry. I'm just frustrated because I had a huge caption change and couldnt execute it, but I guess I'm under the same rules as everyone else. Thanks for the clarification

Fair point. I forgot that page was even there (and it badly needs an update) but that's on me. I'll let the membership decide and start a poll.

• Like 1

DCP-I Sweepstakes Standings (through 7/7)

WORLD CLASS
18.0 Kosmos
17.0 Quiksilver
10.0 Bellbrook Eagles
10.0 The Knights
 6.0 Cobalt Guard
 6.0 Knights of Power
 5.0 L'Etoile du Nord
 3.5 Texas United
 1.5 #1 Corps
 1.0 Star of Jupiter
OPEN CLASS
17.5 Mercury
16.5 Tokyo Brass
14.0 Les Blanc Chevaliers
12.0 Knights of Sound
 9.0 Star of Hawaii
 8.0 Sparrow Regiment
 1.0 Texas Zephyrs
CLASS A
20.0 Cape Cod Regiment
20.0 Dragon Corps
14.0 Hg
10.0 Cross
 8.0 Knights of Note
 4.0 L'Etoile du Nord B
 2.0 Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble

• Like 1

I can't believe it took me 3 years how to do well in DCPI 😭 Regardless I'm super happy with how I'm doing this season, I'm thinking about changing my corps' names next season to revolve around one theme instead of random names😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 10:17 PM, hostrauser said:

I don't think I have posted this yet...

POINT INCREASE SCHEDULE

6/30 - First Increase

7/7 - Second Increase; End of unlimited caption changes

7/14 - Third Increase

7/21 - Fourth Increase

7/28 - Fifth Increase; final point levels

8/4 - NO INCREASE (you'll have a week to play around with max points and plan final caption changes before Championships)

+1 for Class A, +2 for Open, +3 for World on each date

Just a quick clarification as we roll into finals. 

When does the 3 captions change end? Does that end on Wednesday 8/7 or Thursday 8/8? 

Also, do we still have the 2 caption switch available after the championship rounds, Qtrs and Semis? 

1 hour ago, StarOrg said:

Just a quick clarification as we roll into finals. 

When does the 3 captions change end? Does that end on Wednesday 8/7 or Thursday 8/8? 

Also, do we still have the 2 caption switch available after the championship rounds, Qtrs and Semis? 

I will be shutting off caption changes Wednesday night, 8/7, in the vicinity of 9pm CDT.

Yes, caption changes will be back on Thursday and Friday nights. One update of up to two captions each night. The usual caption update deadline applies: 5pm EDT/2pm PDT. That's when the system automatically locks in the caption choices and sends me the spreadsheet for that night's competition.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hostrauser said:

I will be shutting off caption changes Wednesday night, 8/7, in the vicinity of 9pm CDT.

Yes, caption changes will be back on Thursday and Friday nights. One update of up to two captions each night. The usual caption update deadline applies: 5pm EDT/2pm PDT. That's when the system automatically locks in the caption choices and sends me the spreadsheet for that night's competition.

For my personal sake, does this mean our final caption selections for finals are due Friday by 5pm CDT?

6 hours ago, KingLukeXVI said:

For my personal sake, does this mean our final caption selections for finals are due Friday by 5pm CDT?

No, Saturday.

Caption Change Deadlines & Schedule

Caption Change Deadline for Prelims/Caption changes turned off: Wednesday, August 7th, (roughly) 7pm Pacific / 8pm Mountain / 9pm Central / 10pm Eastern

PRELIMS: Thursday, August 8th; caption changes turned back on (roughly) 7pm Pacific / 8pm Mountain / 9pm Central / 10pm Eastern; 1 update, only 2 captions per corps

SEMIFINALS: Friday, August 9th, 2pm Pacific / 3pm Mountain / 4pm Central / 5pm Eastern captions locked in; after this at a time TBD the caption clock will be reset, another 1 update of up to 2 captions allowed per corps.

FINALS: Saturday, August 10th, 2pm Pacific / 3pm Mountain / 4pm Central / 5pm Eastern captions locked in.

It does not seem as though caption changes have been turned off. I made changes to my World class corps on Monday and I wanted to make different changes for finals and it says I have exceeded my caption changes for the week. How I read it was that we get changes regardless of that? Am I wrong with that assumption?

3 hours ago, DeCellR8 said:

It does not seem as though caption changes have been turned off. I made changes to my World class corps on Monday and I wanted to make different changes for finals and it says I have exceeded my caption changes for the week. How I read it was that we get changes regardless of that? Am I wrong with that assumption?

Based on this below it means you cannot make the 2 caption change until that opens up at approx. 10PM EST tonight (after Prelims). This is an update hostrauser makes. 

PRELIMS: Thursday, August 8th; caption changes turned back on (roughly) 7pm Pacific / 8pm Mountain / 9pm Central / 10pm Eastern; 1 update, only 2 captions per corps

Then another 2 caption option follows after SEMIS.