Let's Play A Game - You Can Only Go Forward

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Green activity where the pit has to run on treadmills to power their equipment while playing. 🙂

Don't we already have a "Green team"???

And their wardrober has already said they will be wearing that color this season in a way.

But I like your idea and expand it to all miked performers must at least be doing a mark time to move the treadmill to power the generators which might be a cool name for the newest drum corps of this century's decade.

Edited by xandandl

12 hours ago, Stu said:

I never said a known Name for the sake of a known Name. I said Professional, Highly Qualified eyes and ears from outside in order to counter the perpetual inbread cycle; where the elite snobery thinking has been that only drum corps trained/experienced were/are considered worthy.

And as for your New Faces are in with drum corps, I am reminded of the lyrics penned by The Who: "Meet the new boss; same as the old boss."

and i want them trained on the system current DCI judges use. otherwise a corps season could rise on someone with NO knowledge of drum corps.

the new faces...not hardly. otherwise Boston in 5th doesnt win guard. And there's been some other surprises the last few years

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Whenever I see this reaction to the idea of widening/deepening the judging pool, I have to wonder... is it really a legitimate concern about knowledge/ability, or do they just not want their apple cart upset?

it's a legitimate concern. I have no horse in the race, my corps has been dead for almost 20 years. Do you want some name who has no idea what they're doing walking into your job and judging you? That's essentially what is being asked for here.

3 hours ago, gak27 said:

Respectfully snipped, and only using your quote b/c it was the first i remembered having a pertinent statement...

"And the crowd liked them..." - Curt Gowdy  😆

VOTE FOR SANJAYA!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's a legitimate concern. I have no horse in the race, my corps has been dead for almost 20 years. Do you want some name who has no idea what they're doing walking into your job and judging you? That's essentially what is being asked for here.

Not really, since:

a.  no one said they would NOT be trained

b.  if they are music/arts professionals, they must already have SOME idea what they are doing

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

BULL$#*%!!!!!

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Not really, since:

a.  no one said they would NOT be trained

b.  if they are music/arts professionals, they must already have SOME idea what they are doing

actually Stu never specified anything about training.

and if trained....what are the odds they are going to go differently? the criteria is the criteria

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

BULL$#*%!!!!!

yes your idea is

There's plenty of baseball "experts" out there famous or not, but I don't know how many of them I'd want to see umpiring an MLB game. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes your idea is

If that is your opinion of my idea, fine, no problem, disagreement makes for good banter. But instead of resopnding to the actual facts within my idea what you did was mis-characteroze, mis-state, mis-quote, mis-represent, and outright type falsehoods about my idea. 'That' is what sparked my bs response.