The Academy 2019

I went to comment on The Academy's send off show tonight and realized there wasn't a thread for them. There is now.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the reaction this corps gets in 2 weeks when they unveil their show. I loved what we heard and saw tonight. They have about 2/3's of the show on the field right now, and you can tell they have a lot to add into what's on the field to this point. They leave tomorrow for Page and cooler temps, and the chance to focus and finish putting the rest of the show in before starting to fine-tune the whole production.

I'm no expert or anything, and I love my hometown corps. We've put a lot of blood, sweat (Heat Forged is the slogan for a reason!), tears into them over the years and I'm so pleased to see them with a show that has potential to be something amazing come August. 

Oh, and the mellophone book is frick'n fantastic! 

Go, Academy!

Edited by desertrat68
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've seen Mandarins, I'm dying for someone to leak a video of one of my other perennial favorites: The Academy! The corps that really defines measured, sustainable growth. All the pieces are in place this year; let's see a rise up in the ranks by the season's end : ) I'd love to see Academy back in Finals!!

Ok, nice show!! I agree with other posters in that the direction the last two years is just a touch sterile. But, all the right things are happening at the right time and it's a very well-written show lined up this year. The brass was uncharacteristically crass tonight, and holy hell the white legs expose allll the visual dirt, but I have confidence all of these issues will clean up well. It's quite a demanding show, musically and visually. The brass plays a ton. Love the color guard book, and I love the aesthetic of the show in general. BOTW is indeed spectacular. And that flugelhorn soloist is supremely talented!!!! I do miss the Klesch sound, but I understand that Steve Vento has brought tons of success to Broken Arrow & Blue Springs throughout the years, and I also understand keeping everything "in house". I still maintain adding Lindsey Vento last year was a brilliant hire. 

It all looks wonderful, Academy; just clean up this difficult & well-written show : )

Edited by Jake W.

I love their musical book.  Lots of emotion and energy.  I can’t wait to see the show again! 

Academy was the most enjoyable show for me Saturday night. They never fail to entertain and once again the costumes/uniforms are the class of the league. 

Finals potential? Maybe. So many other corps right there in that pack, but from a did I get my money's worth POV, Academy killed it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, renthead09 said:

Are they posting their daily schedule anywhere?    Headed there  Thursday to watch practice and deliver some Gatorade to the Euphoniums. 

Every day in their Facebook Fan group.

16 hours ago, jpaul said:

Every day in their Facebook Fan group.

The schedule isn't always posted there, though. Unless there is another page I don't know about that's not just for the parents or the volunteers

Edited by desertrat68

8 hours ago, desertrat68 said:

The schedule isn't always posted there, though. Unless there is another page I don't know about that's not just for the parents or the volunteers

Ensemble is schedule for 7:30pm tomorrow.