10 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 10th place show?

Well it's 9 days but the day of the premier would be day 0 and the alliterations don't fly.  Anyway...

I am getting excited for the 2019 season and want to start a countdown of sorts.

What's your favorite 10th place show(s) of all time?

BK has the most 10th place finishes with 5. Boston Crusaders and the Crossmen have 4 each

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

Mine are

VK 1992: Part III - just a great, fun, entertaining classic drum corps show. 1992 was one of the best years for DCI, IMO

BK 2005: A Midsummer Knights Dream - my favorite show from 05 and my first DCI live show.

BK 2013: No Beginning No End- one of my favorites in 2013

Edit: Crossmen 2016: Continuum makes my list for sure! I thought it was a 9th place show. My bad. Probably my favorite 2016 show.

Edited by ThePlanets
Formatting and description
  • Like 2

1990 VK

2015 Boston -Conquest 

2000 Madison Scouts - Cossack Brotherhood (loved the guard uniforms)

2011 Madison Scouts based on the closer.  One of my favorite DCI memories of the last 10 years.

• Like 1

I had to go to DCX just to jolt my memory a bit. Tenth place is interesting. Some corps are beginning to rise placed 10th, a few others 10th was a last hurrah. Some were not the best attempts. I picked two, one that was a surprise, one a bit underrated.

1980 Garfield Cadets. One of my favorite feel good shows and a show that appeared to have little potential in early shows but came alive mid season. There were some who did predict they would make finals and never look back, and some who thought it was wishful thinking. The never look back folks were correct.

2015 Boston Crusaders. I really liked this show though it didn’t gel the way some had hoped. It was the 75th Anniversary that year and they performed with the Boston Pops at the Esplanade on July 4th and Tanglewood, so it was a year with great experiences for marching members but not the placement many hoped for and lower than I expected. 

• Like 1

1976 Seneca Optimists- Wayne Dillion  soprano soloist

• Like 4