10 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 10th place show?

One that comes to mind...

1980 Garfield Cadets.  The year that saved that corps.

On life support in the springtime... then a near-miraculous comeback and back into Finals.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dream Theater said:

1971 Madison Scouts

This is a DCI thread. And while the Madison Scouts are a member of DCI, your 1971 pick made me chuckle. It is sort of like saying your favorite 'Super Bowl' was the Cleveland Browns vs. the Green Bay Packers in the 1965 Championship game. One year prior to the first Super Bowl.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

1988 Suncoast Sound: Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child (some of the most creative music arranging I have ever heard in DCI)

Still the highest score for 10th place corps, isn't it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

This is a DCI thread. And while the Madison Scouts are a member of DCI, your 1971 pick made me chuckle. It is sort of like saying your favorite 'Super Bowl' was the Cleveland Browns vs. the Green Bay Packers in the 1965 Championship game. One year prior to the first Super Bowl.

Well... technically, the first Super Bowl was the third NFL-AFL game, won by the Jets.

The first two were marketed as the "AFL-NFL World Championship Game" and were later retroactively added to the "Super Bowl" list.

Just channeling my inner Stu here. :tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Do you know what King Gustav V of Sweden said about Jim Thorpe?

• Haha 1

Hard to top ‘92 VK but some others I like:

1989 Freelancers (John Williams)

1997 Bluecoats (4 Seasons)

• Like 1

Madison 2010 (Slaughter/Rhapsody in Blue)

I like many of the others mentioned, but I'll throw out an HM for one show I haven't seen anyone else cite:

Colts 2007 

55 minutes ago, smj02 said:

I like many of the others mentioned, but I'll throw out an HM for one show I haven't seen anyone else cite:

Colts 2007 

I knew I was forgetting one.  That’s probably my 2nd pick behind Mandarins 2018.  I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve listened to that one.  

6 hours ago, smj02 said:

Colts 2007 

Highest placement for the colts?