9 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 9th place show?

Countdown to the beginning of the season! What are some of your favorite 9th place shows?

Blue Knights own the spot with 7 appearances. Boston Crusaders are close behind with 6.

Interestingly enough Carolina Crown has never placed 9th (only spot in the top 12 they have never finished) while the Cavaliers have found themselves at 9th four times.

• Like 1

To be sure some oldies don't get left off of here.

1979 North Star - The chrome wall. Plus, does a tune get any more fun to hum along with and tap your foot than Barbara Ann? 

1980 Cavaliers  - The step-over. Simple, but oh so cool. 

1974 Blue Devils  - Everyone in the audience that night knew something great was about to be formed.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I have seen any 9th place shows before the year 2000 and I can't say there are any that I LOVE even though one of my favorite corps finishes there frequently. I am hoping to be enlightened with some classic shows because this slot has been more of a good time for a bathroom break to me.

Anyway here are my top 3 since the year 2000.

1. Madison Scouts 2013- Corps of Brothers. This show had a great design, and like many Madison Scouts shows, was very enjoyable and fan friendly. The execution just wasn't there...but I guess if it was it would have placed better than 9th.

2. Blue Knights- 2008- Knight Reign. This show is very BK and I found the music selections very enjoyable.

3. Blue Knights- 2011 An English Folk Song Suite- very different and unique to see English Folk songs on the field and BK did a fine job with it. The only problem was... it's English Folk music on the football field...blah.

I want to throw out an HM to the 09 production of Phantom Regiment- the Red Violin. Probably the most talked about 9th place finish and foley of all time. Something that PR will never live down. I personally didn't think the show was that bad. 

Edited by ThePlanets

27 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Oh, oh!  Will you be doing this for eight more days?

Yes.

• Like 2