8 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 8th place show?

8 days including the day of the premier. What 8th place shows do you like best?

There have been a lot of corps at the 8 spot and Phantom Regiment actually leads the pack with 5 finishes. Four other corps have 4 finishes each at 8th place including the Glassmen (RIP).

2006 Carolina Crown InTransIt

1989 Bluecoats

2007 Blue Stars - Le Tour

2015 Madison Scouts - 78th & Madison

• Like 1

Unlike 9th place there are a handful of 8th place shows I LOVE and one that is even in my top 10 all time shows!

1. Blue Knights- ...that one second 2014.  If it wasn't for it being visually lacking it would have been 7th. Were there visuals in this show? I couldn't see through my tears. One of my all time top 10.

2. Bluecoats 2001- Latin Sketches- They were after single digit placement and haven't looked back since. 6th in brass too!

3. Phantom Regiment 1992- I know they did 1812 in the 70s too but this is the best, most powerful version of the 1812 overture I have ever heard.

HM for VK 88

• Like 2

Blue Knights 2014 “That One Second”

I don’t remember too much of watching it on finals night because I was crying too much lol. There was obviously a lot lacking, especially visually, but there was something extremely special about this show that makes it my favorite of all time. 

Edited by hc6434ot
  • Like 3

I've gotta go with 1980 Crossmen, for two reasons...

1) it was a cool show, and 2) my sweetie Brenda was in their color guard that year.  :inlove: Her first year in drum corps!

• Like 1

I can go along with 1980 Crossmen.

And in keeping with the oldies alive, 1976 Oakland Crusaders. The chrome wall before there was a chrome wall. That drumline had some really good years strung together. 

I would even add 2018 Blue Stars. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I can go along with 1980 Crossmen.

And in keeping with the oldies alive, 1976 Oakland Crusaders. The chrome wall before there was a chrome wall. That drumline had some really good years strung together. 

I would even add 2018 Blue Stars. 

Crossmen's "Pictures of Spain" soloist in 1980... Gary Caffrey... gave the Muchachos' Jeff Kievit a run for his money, IMO. Great player.

Your other choices... I'm in, too. Good ones. Oakland had it going on those years. 

And the 2014 Blue Knights "That One Second" show. Such emotion. Talk about nailing a theme.

Edited by Fran Haring

14 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Oooh this one is hard.... I am going to have to watch a few shows first. Oh darn!

Oh don't be coy. Should be really easy for you. Let me point you in 'your' direction: check out 1974, 1975, 1984, and 2012.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2