8 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 8th place show?

Etobicoke Oakland Crusaders 1976- Tom Flot's drumline, Joel Alleyne as Drum Major, Swan Lake, El Gato Triste, Sing Sing Sing! 

• Like 3

Oof, this is a hard one.  Lots of shows that I think should have placed higher have placed 8th.  

• 2010 Blue Stars cycles in and out as my all time favorite drum corps show.  I love 2008 and 2009 as well.  2010 was unrelenting, exciting, in your face, and just everything I love about drum corps.  
  • 2014 Blue Knights is the most emotionally captivated I've been by a drum corps show, that show is one of the few instances where they did narration right and it actually added to the show.  The color usage in that show is incredible as well and the closer is...wow.  
  • Like 4

I will go with 2008 Blue Stars but a close 2nd to 1985 Phantom Regiment with their Symphonie Fantastique show. At the time it was very odd for Phantom to be so low in final placement.

Hand's down the 2005 Santa Clara Vanguard! Such a great show, and surprised not to see it make anyone's list so far.

32 minutes ago, tubafan05 said:

Hand's down the 2005 Santa Clara Vanguard! Such a great show, and surprised not to see it make anyone's list so far.

20 minutes ago, LuvsPAisTe said:

2007 Blue Stars - Le Tour

Huge, clean guard.  Great visual program.  What a way to re-enter finals.

Two more worthy entries. 

Alright, I have my pick lol!!!! I decided on Blue Stars 2008. While I have known about DCI since 2003; 2008 was the first season I actively followed. The Blue Stars were one of the first corps I saw live at my first show (I have to give a shout out to the Troopers as that was an AWESOME show). I loved that they played firebird in 07 and their show in 2008 was fun! I greatly recommend rewatching this show. The members of that corps absolutely loved being there!

• Like 1