DrumScorps 5.0 Now Available!

30 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Feature request:

On the information page about a show, how about some indication (words, logo, etc) that the show is being covered by flomarching.

Thanks for your suggestion! This is something we may be able to incorporate for next season.

• Thanks 3

Feature request (has been mentioned before):  A way to like (with all the variations) posts. 

29 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Feature request (has been mentioned before):  A way to like (with all the variations) posts. 

Due to the way we integrated the forums into the app this one might be tricky to implement. We'll look into it though and see if its feasible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrumScorps said:

Due to the way we integrated the forums into the app this one might be tricky to implement. We'll look into it though and see if its feasible.

I was thinking about that when I was posting. Do the best you can. The fact I can post pics from the app makes it a MUST HAVE APP for Drum Corps Season. 

• Like 2

Been using the app to access the forum while using the laptop to view tonight.

Two annoyances.

1) There's no way to edit the posts?  Autocorrect makes you mess something up and you have to go to the browser version to edit?

2) It seems to handle quotes differently.  If you want to multi quote in the browser you have to go back and capture all the posts to include.  The app seems to auto nest quotes....BUT...beyond two nested quotes, it just cuts off what you type and even coming back in the browser for an edit, I can't figure out how to add what I wanted to say to that post.  Tis' weird.  

On 7/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, KVG_DC said:

Been using the app to access the forum while using the laptop to view tonight.

Two annoyances.

1) There's no way to edit the posts?  Autocorrect makes you mess something up and you have to go to the browser version to edit?

2) It seems to handle quotes differently.  If you want to multi quote in the browser you have to go back and capture all the posts to include.  The app seems to auto nest quotes....BUT...beyond two nested quotes, it just cuts off what you type and even coming back in the browser for an edit, I can't figure out how to add what I wanted to say to that post.  Tis' weird.  

These are great suggestions. Thanks for your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, DrumScorps said:

These are great suggestions. Thanks for your feedback!

Actually, the second seems to be a persistent bug in the way it handles the discussion boards.   There's numerous posts where someone quotes a post with a quote in it to reply, and instead of capturing only the immediate post's quote, as the browser based software for discussion boards does, it nests the quotes.  

Unfortunately this will cause it to cut off whatever you add to your post after the two nested quotes.  Whenever you see a pair of nested quotes with no response...."posted from Drumscorps app" will be there.   The Atlanta thread is getting littered with them as people are using the app (yay) to post from the show and running into this.