7 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 7th place show?

I am going to go with Terri here and vote for 1979 Guardsmen. That hornline was both amazing and underscored. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

Kilties 1975: Don't you worry 'bout a thing

Guardsmen 1979: I am biased, I was with them, but still an outstanding show.

Cadets 1981: They were on the verge of greatness:  Adventures in Time * Egyptian Danza * Fire Dance * The Elks' Parade * Pieces of Dreams  

Suncoast Sound 1984: Vietnam show, daring and way ahead of its time. 

SCV 2010: Bartok. Enthralling, remarkable drill, under-rated

Edited by quietcity
typo

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

My only criticism of that show was as the DVD shows - the kid who was out of step right at the beginning of Greensleeves. Every time I watch that, it's OMG you're doing this at Finals in front of the whole drum corps world. You poor soul. 😄

That out-of-step marcher was actually a dedicated, experienced and skilled member. The mistake was highly uncharacteristic of her. I recall the tempo during Greensleeves was so slow that it took a lot of concentration to stay in step and not phase. Stadium acoustics and the loud crowd may have played a part too. 

I made plenty of mistakes in my marching days too, but I was lucky enough not to have them immortalized! 

Edited by quietcity
typo

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

Link please 🙂

LOL, I got ahead of myself. Meant 2010, fixed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

My only criticism of that show was as the DVD shows - the kid who was out of step right at the beginning of Greensleeves. Every time I watch that, it's OMG you're doing this at Finals in front of the whole drum corps world. You poor soul. 😄

That’s because Greensleeves was too freakin slow.  If they’d played it at the ‘78 tempo, which was much more sprightly, I think it would have been better. Plus, I think they were trying to get the long roll after the gun.  Remember that old trick? 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Favorite show. Singular. C’mon you can do it. Out of these ten shows you listed which is your favorite?  That’s the fun of this game. You have to pick just one. 

Mine:  27th Lancers. 1978

Bluecoats 2007, then.

Also, on a slightly random note, what is the correct pronunciation of Des Plaines? I'm a Southern Illinoisan (and proud of it), but I don't want to get berated by Chicagoans if I'm getting it wrong.

Deh Plains?

5 minutes ago, TheAngryBavarian said:

Also, on a slightly random note, what is the correct pronunciation of Des Plaines? I'm a Southern Illinoisan (and proud of it), but I don't want to get berated by Chicagoans if I'm getting it wrong.

Deh Plains?

Like Tattoo's catch phrase on Fantasy Island, but with a "z" sound at the end.

I think?