Support of the corps

Most of us donate to a corps or three under the various options a corps might offer.  A non corps driven donation is Amazon smile.  I imagine many do this already, but my recent quarterly report prompted this post.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps, recently received a quarterly donation of $73.76 thanks to customers shopping at AmazonSmile.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

• $1,529.55 to Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps
  • $134,890,393.33 to all charities

For those familiar with this method, the percentage donated is so dam small from each purchase, it's taken several years for Boston to reach $1,500.  But, it does add up.  Just a thought for those who were not aware of this program. 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Most of us donate to a corps or three under the various options a corps might offer.  A non corps driven donation is Amazon smile.  I imagine many do this already, but my recent quarterly report prompted this post.

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps, recently received a quarterly donation of $73.76 thanks to customers shopping at AmazonSmile.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

• $1,529.55 to Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps
  • $134,890,393.33 to all charities

For those familiar with this method, the percentage donated is so dam small from each purchase, it's taken several years for Boston to reach $1,500.  But, it does add up.  Just a thought for those who were not aware of this program.

Great post and great suggestion for all

i recently saw a similar post in the Cadets  volunteer FB book and the volunteers purchases through amazon had resulted in donations of over $170

seeing that encouraged me to sign up for the program as a amazon prime member

My existing shopping will now benefit the corps of my choice while costing me nothing!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Great post and great suggestion for all

i recently saw a similar post in the Cadets  volunteer FB book and the volunteers purchases through amazon had resulted in donations of over $170

seeing that encouraged me to sign up for the program as a amazon prime member

My existing shopping will now benefit the corps of my choice while costing me nothing!

Little bits do add up and can probably eventually feed a corps a meal or two. Consider me on board and a more frequent Amazon consumer. 

• Like 2

Amazon Smile is wonderful.TY Ghost.

It is a great program, but organizations should make sure that programs such as Amazon Smiles is an “in addition to” fundraising tool. When schools have fundraisers it is not uncommon to hear “What are you doing with all that money from Amazon..., or Target” or other similar programs. A good idea is to use it for that “extra” might not be budgeted for but will be used.