6 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 6th place show?

You read the title. Tell me about your favorite 6th place show. 

Good spot to finish most years as usually a medal is out of the question for these corps but they have the elite status of being the first corps to perform in the top 6.

The beloved many-time fan favorite Madison Scouts own 6th place with EIGHT finishes.

Edited by ThePlanets

This is a REALLY tough call as there a lot of great, easy to watch and enjoy 6th place shows.

I think this show has a slight edge over the others anyway plus in honor of naming a different corps in each position as my 1st place final answer:

Boston Crusaders-2017- WICKED- I honestly rolled my eyes when I read the show announcement, I read all the buzz/hype in preseason and throughout the early season, watched a terribly recorded backfield video, and I wasn't drinking the Kool-Aid. That all changed when I saw them live in Massillon. WOW. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, found myself hooting "yeah BOSTON", and was moved to tears during the ballad. 

Some other great 6th place finishes

Suncoast Sound 1985

Madison Scouts 1996 fans dream part 2

Carolina Crown Triple Crown 2007

Bluecoats The Boxer 2008

Phantom Regiment Into the Light 2010

Santa Clara Vanguard the Devil's Staircase 2011 (yes I do really like this show)

Blue Knights 2015 Because

• Like 2

I could have a huge multiple tie for 6th, but my all time favorite would be Madison in 1999 (“Jesus Christ, Superstar”). Close behind 2012 Bluecoats, a show I’ve always believed is an underrated gem.

• Like 2

I'll go old-school here and choose the 1980 Madison Scouts.

Fun high-energy show, great horn line... and a terrific French horn soloist in "Ice Castles."

• Like 2

Bridgemen 1976- Awesome opener! Go Bananas!

Star of Indiana 1989- Good Contras on Dargason. Highest score for a 6th place show ever?

Cadets 1991-Minimalism before it was cool, and still very well executed.

Bluecoats 2008- The Boxer. Nuff said.

**Phantom Regiment 2010- Awesome show, one of the best percussion groups ever assembled. This is the best 6th place show for me.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

This is a REALLY tough call as there a lot of great, easy to watch and enjoy 6th place shows.

I think this show has a slight edge over the others anyway plus in honor of naming a different corps in each position as my 1st place final answer:

Boston Crusaders-2017- WICKED- I honestly rolled my eyes when I read the show announcement, I read all the buzz/hype in preseason and throughout the early season, watched a terribly recorded backfield video, and I wasn't drinking the Kool-Aid. That all changed when I saw them live in Massillon. WOW. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, found myself hooting "yeah BOSTON", and was moved to tears during the ballad. 

Some other great 6th place finishes

Suncoast Sound 1985

Madison Scouts 1996 fans dream part 2

Carolina Crown Triple Crown 2007

Bluecoats The Boxer 2008

Phantom Regiment Into the Light 2010

Santa Clara Vanguard the Devil's Staircase 2011 (yes I do really like this show)

Blue Knights 2015 Because

SCV. That ballad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I'll go old-school here and choose the 1980 Madison Scouts.

Fun high-energy show, great horn line... and a terrific French horn soloist in "Ice Castles."

1980 was a great year for competition. I have seen the top 4 and would love to see this show.

• Like 2

1st: 1997 Crossmen

2nd: 1992 Crossmen

3rd: 1985 Suncoast Sound

HM: 2006 Vanguard, 1994 Madison