6 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 6th place show?

2010 Phantom Regiment - Into the Light.

this show only gets better with age

• Like 1

I am going to go with 2017 Boston as well. I am so bummed the ballad didn’t make the BluRay. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1999 Scouts. One of the last hooras of loud emotional from the gut performances given by a corps before the new millennium shift in dci show designs. Great tribute to what would become archaic in just a few short years thereafter.

• Like 2

2007 Carolina Crown. Triple Crown is what solidified my love for this corps. It also helps that the show was SUPER fun to watch from an audience perspective.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheAngryBavarian said:

[...]

Star of Indiana 1989- Good Contras on Dargason. Highest score for a 6th place show ever?

[...]

Yes, and unlikely to be caught, with 95.300. The only year six corps broke 95.

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes, and unlikely to be caught, with 95.300. The only year six corps broke 95.

Six of the top twelve corps in 1989 had record scores, all of which stood for at least ten years, and of those, two stood for twenty or more years, including this one.

• Thanks 1

After an extended DCI hiatus, 1998 was the year I started following the activity again.

Always liked Madison’s show that season, especially the closer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Boston Crusaders 2017 is one of the few shows where I enjoy every single thing about the show. The ballad is incredible in that one, the whole show is so unrelenting, intense, and entertaining.  That ended up being my favorite of 2017.  

Completely forgot about 2015 Blue Knights when I posted this.  Interestingly enough I did not like Because very much during the season but it has grown to be one of my favorites.  The Apres Moi section is one of the freshest things I’ve heard on the field as late.  

• Like 1