What’d I Miss?

28 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

giphy.gif

Actually I know the gentlemen in the very front. We went to Blinn together! He marched with Madison in 2009, Cavies in 2010, and aged out with Madison in 2012. He is a very good trumpet player!

How the heck have you been?!? Lol

Edited by Hook'emCavies

Not a lot to be honest.......I'm trying to think of any big staff shake ups and the like and nothing comes to mind.  Which says to me a lot of corps might have found a team they like to work with. 

Unfortunately Pioneer and Oregon Crusaders are not fielding this summer due to various issues (which you can find discussion on in other topics).  Pioneer seems more permanent than Oregon Crusaders.  

Don Warren passed away and was just laid to rest, lots of touching moments remembering him have been posted on their topic.  Really sucks to have lost one of the reasons DCI even exists today and just an amazing person in general.  

In terms of shows that have been announced (or not to be honest), lots of really fun and recognizable music on the field this year!  Lots of popular music on the field this year.  Blood Sweat and Tears,  Barry Manilow, Simon and Garfunkle, Imogen Heap, Britney Spears, Son Lux, Music from Hamilton, Music from Rocky, Music from Frozen, 30 Seconds to Mars, Anime Music, Arch Echo, Metallica, and others.  And that's on top of the usual brass band, orchestral, and percussion compositions.  Seems lots of corps are fully embracing the show themed costuming.  Boston Crusaders have their full musical show up on YouTube if you want a taste of what's going to be out there.  

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff but that's what's on my mind since finals last year.  I might edit in some things as I remember them.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Actually I know the gentlemen in the very front. We went to Blinn together! He marched with Madison in 2009, Cavies in 2010, and aged out with Madison in 2012. He is a very good trumpet player!

How the heck have you been?!? Lol

Lol I've been great! I'm actually at work right now trying to stay awake. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

We talked about Game of Thrones a little.

What a horrible ending to one of the greatest TV shows of all time...I'm still ticked...

• Like 1

With relevance to prelims and semi finals a few open class corps aren't making the trip to Indy at all. The 2 big names being Blue Devil's B and the Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets.

I count 35 corps at Prelims

Edited by ThePlanets