4 days until the tour premier what is your favorite 4th place show?

Scouts 95. Thread done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SCV 2000.  Barber’s Adagio. I’ve shared this before but it was the first thing that let me cry in months after my grandmother had passed away. 

I went home from Quarters humming it and woke the next morning to take a walk aground the neighborhood and swore I could actually still hear it as I steeped out my apartment building.  

After my walk, I swear I could STILL hear it.....over that hill.  I go over and see SCV doing practice runs of it on the middle school field behind my apartment building. 

I just sat at the fence and wept to myself until it was time to go to semis. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Forgot about that.  Good choice.  Kind of like Bridgemen coming back from the near dead in 1976. 

Two amazing comebacks, for sure.

From what I remember, Bridgemen didn't even make the trip to DCI in Philly in 1975... about an hour and a half from their home base. They were a decent-to-good local circuit corps in '75, but had no chance on the national level... and not even close to the level of their finalist corps of 1972-73. 

Then Messrs. Hoffman, DeLucia, and the others came on board... and the rest is history!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Two amazing comebacks, for sure.

From what I remember, Bridgemen didn't even make the trip to DCI in Philly in 1975... about an hour and a half from their home base. They were a decent-to-good local circuit corps in '75, but had no chance on the national level... and not even close to the level of their finalist corps of 1972-73. 

Then Messrs. Hoffman, DeLucia, and the others came on board... and the rest is history!

George Z. should get top billing with that group.  If he was with 27 at the time.

Edited by Ghost

2003 Phantom Regiment “Harmonic Journey” is my favorite show in DCI history from a music standpoint.

2007 Phantom Regiment “On Air” is right up there in the top few as well.

sooooooo goooood!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

George Z. should get top billing with that group.  If he was with 27 at the time.

I believe he might have been, as the guard caption head/designer with Lancers in 1975. I think Ralph Pace wrote their drill that year. Could be wrong... someone with more knowledge of this can confirm/correct.

• Like 1