2019 Predictions

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's stadium policy pretty much everywhere but whatever name Stadium in 2006 in Rochester as Ernesto blew through prelims. Honestly anyone sane would have left, but for those of us dumb enough to be there and not be paid to be there or marching, it became like a badge of honor to stick it out

more like a battle scar for those of us on the field trying to find lines, sets, equipment.... we laugh now but then it was 12 minutes of 'do your best/can't see ####/why are we out here' hell.

3 hours ago, JohnZ said:

more like a battle scar for those of us on the field trying to find lines, sets, equipment.... we laugh now but then it was 12 minutes of 'do your best/can't see ####/why are we out here' hell.

i was lucky enough to get up into the semi covered levels...and it still sucked.

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i was lucky enough to get up into the semi covered levels...and it still sucked.

I think in a way it was worse up at the level you and I were at, because the wind was blowing directly at us up there.

A memorable day, for sure.  

I find it very odd that any news of corps is even LESS this year than any previous years in my memory. I haven't even HEARD from CV this year (apart from volunteer and funds requests,) and I'm an Alum. With everyone getting into finals this year, I would have thought the death grip of secrecy would have lightened up a bit. 

10 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I find it very odd that any news of corps is even LESS this year than any previous years in my memory. I haven't even HEARD from CV this year (apart from volunteer and funds requests,) and I'm an Alum. With everyone getting into finals this year, I would have thought the death grip of secrecy would have lightened up a bit. 

The tendency is for DCA corps to release on their own terms via social media they can control the content of. YouTube, FB... it could also be that many of the corps didn't really get the permissions/fees/licensing until the last minute.

Everything seems down. Very down.

• Like 1

This is a prediction which I hope does not come true, This year there will be no video or live stream of DCA champs. I have heard nothing from box 5 or DCA regarding streams or vids.

18 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

This is a prediction which I hope does not come true, This year there will be no video or live stream of DCA champs. I have heard nothing from box 5 or DCA regarding streams or vids.

That would be disappointing. One of the ways to get the message out is through the media, and without that, it's a serious blow if true.

4 hours ago, totaleefree said:

i dont think it was announced until July last year. whoever it is, watch the coffee pot lady!

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2019 at 7:51 AM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Nice early-season showdown between Bucs and CV coming up in Landisville, with Bush and Sabers also there.

The first show of my "just a fan" tour.  :tongue:  Trust me, it's a short tour this summer.  LOL.