2019 Predictions

BOX5 will be live streaming championships this year. We are very aware that we haven't made any public announcements. We are working on posting something in the next day or so. We have been trying to get the pricing right.  Many of you wanted a combination price instead of our per day price. So we had to work that out and I think we have at this point.

We have also been working on a MUCH, MUCH bigger announcement however.

With that said, pricing for championships will be as follows:

LIVESTREAM PRICING
PRELIMS - $39
Includes all prelims corps, Alumni Spectacular and Mini Corps.

FINALS - $39
Includes all finals corps

DCA PRO SUBSCRIPTION - $64
Includes all of Prelims, Alumni Spectacular, Mini-Corps, Finals and any other DCA event we live stream. We are working on securing a better connection at Peckville, so that show is still up in the air.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
BOX5 will be releasing a BluRay of the 2019 DCA Championship Finals. The price is still TBD, all corps performing will be included. The BluRay will include edits to comply with licensing requests and copyright laws. We don't know what those edits are and won't have a good handle on that until we begin to hear back from copyright holders. We will only release 300 discs, once they are gone, they are gone. The discs will go on sale some time in December and available after the 1st of the year.

We are also considering a release of our 4K content of finals. Again, this is very preliminary and will need some feedback from YOU on how we could do that. We are considering a limited run of USB Drives, Download or BluRay Data Disc of the 4K content. UltraHD disc pressing is just not in our wheelhouse or abilities to create the content. As best we can tell, it will be the first 4K product delivered to the marching arts.

There you go, a little insight on what is happening.

Tim

Edited by BrassSoundsMatter
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

We'll have a better idea about all of that after Landisville and Clifton, I would think.

Great start for the Hurricanes at the Barnum  Festival. It would be nice to see them back in the top-tier mix. 

I agree Fran.  The numbers by Clifton will give everyone a pretty good idea where things are headed.  CV will have been judged the previous week and Reading and Hawthorne will meet at Clifton.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I think with  Flo, DCA overestimated the viewers that they would bring, even if the numbers were OK DCA had given some crazy estimate as to how many would watch a stream. DCA.s estimates of economic impact are crazy and while any money spent in a town helps it, when you say you will being 10 million and wind up with 20% of that it hurts your future prospects for getting a good deal whether town, venue or streaming service

Flo also needs a venue with certain technological equipment. Williamsport does not have that

56 minutes ago, BrassSoundsMatter said:

BOX5 will be live streaming championships this year. We are very aware that we haven't made any public announcements. We are working on posting something in the next day or so. We have been trying to get the pricing right.  Many of you wanted a combination price instead of our per day price. So we had to work that out and I think we have at this point.

We have also been working on a MUCH, MUCH bigger announcement however.

With that said, pricing for championships will be as follows:

LIVESTREAM PRICING
PRELIMS - $39
Includes all prelims corps, Alumni Spectacular and Mini Corps.

FINALS - $39
Includes all finals corps

DCA PRO SUBSCRIPTION - $64
Includes all of Prelims, Alumni Spectacular, Mini-Corps, Finals and any other DCA event we live stream. We are working on securing a better connection at Peckville, so that show is still up in the air.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
BOX5 will be releasing a BluRay of the 2019 DCA Championship Finals. The price is still TBD, all corps performing will be included. The BluRay will include edits to comply with licensing requests and copyright laws. We don't know what those edits are and won't have a good handle on that until we begin to hear back from copyright holders. We will only release 300 discs, once they are gone, they are gone. The discs will go on sale some time in December and available after the 1st of the year.

We are also considering a release of our 4K content of finals. Again, this is very preliminary and will need some feedback from YOU on how we could do that. We are considering a limited run of USB Drives, Download or BluRay Data Disc of the 4K content. UltraHD disc pressing is just not in our wheelhouse or abilities to create the content. As best we can tell, it will be the first 4K product delivered to the marching arts.

There you go, a little insight on what is happening.

Tim

great news on the BluRay

Great news from Box5 !

I feel strongly about the importance of drum corps broadcasts over the coming years. Live, in person, audience size at events of all types has been trending downward for a few years and I believe this trend will continue.  Each of us has some unique reason for staying home. All are valid.

I am a huge college football fan. Labor Day Weekend games have grown in significance. There are several games throughout all three days. Wife and I watch as many as we can. Me, with a laptop and big screen tv . ..  taking in football AND DCA!

Thank you, Box5.  I’ll be purchasing the full package.

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Great news from Box5 !

I feel strongly about the importance of drum corps broadcasts over the coming years. Live, in person, audience size at events of all types has been trending downward for a few years and I believe this trend will continue.  Each of us has some unique reason for staying home. All are valid.

I am a huge college football fan. Labor Day Weekend games have grown in significance. There are several games throughout all three days. Wife and I watch as many as we can. Me, with a laptop and big screen tv . ..  taking in football AND DCA!

Thank you, Box5.  I’ll be purchasing the full package.

Fred, as you know I'm also in the "college football fanatic" camp... and I enjoyed getting a chance last year to catch more games on Labor Day weekend.

Great news, I agree, about the streaming for DCA. This makes it easier for a lot of us. Heck, I might even sign up.  LOL. If I have anything left over after paying bills. :tongue:

3 hours ago, LucyGuy66 said:

I agree Fran.  The numbers by Clifton will give everyone a pretty good idea where things are headed.  CV will have been judged the previous week and Reading and Hawthorne will meet at Clifton.

Clifton will be my first, and in some cases only, look at several of the corps... Cabs, Sun, Hurcs, Fusion.  Looking forward to a good one. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

This is one time that I am really glad that my prediction was wrong, also looking forward to getting the DVD. I think we will have a great show this year, we already have the full show down and we are going to really good by Labor Day, and I can't wait to be able to get a high quality video to watch after we get home from Williamsport.

• Like 1

An older, briefly resurrected, and now closed thread has me thinking back to the first DCA show I attended, which depending on your perspective is either "just" seven years ago or "way back" seven years ago. it was the Finals in 2012, for which I drove down to Annapolis on a whim after poking my head into this forum after several years of reading only DCP's DCI forums. I had been told way back in the early 1990s that the senior corps, about which I'd never heard, were decidedly second-class fare not worth my time to seek out, and finally decided to see for myself. These were the shows I saw:

1. Reading Buccaners ("The Black Symphony")

2. Minnesota Brass ("Bonnie and Clyde") -- last DCA appearance 2017

3. Hawthorne Caballeros ("Allegria!")

4. Connecticut Hurricanes ("Blokes and Birds") -- subsequent highest appearance 8th in 2014; missed Finals twice since then

5. Cadets2 ("Launch") -- RIP 2019

6. Empire Statesmen ("A City Called Sin") -- RIP 2014

7. Kidsgrove Scouts ("Valley of the Kings")

8. Atlanta CV ("God Save the Queen")

9. Fusion Core ("The Hit")

10. San Francisco Renegades ("Twisted") -- RIP 2013

A1. Carolina Gold ("Out of the Shadows")

A2. Govenaires ("Hot")

A3. Windsor Regiment ("Angels in the Architecture") -- RIP 2015

A4. White Sabers ("From Death till Dawn")

Since this is a predictions thread: how many people in 2012 would have predicted that five of those fourteen corps would be out of commission seven years hence?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

15 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

An older, briefly resurrected, and now closed thread has me thinking back to the first DCA show I attended, which depending on your perspective is either "just" seven years ago or "way back" seven years ago. it was the Finals in 2012, for which I drove down to Annapolis on a whim after poking my head into this forum after several years of reading only DCP's DCI forums. I had been told way back in the early 1990s that the senior corps, about which I'd never heard, were decidedly second-class fare not worth my time to seek out, and finally decided to see for myself. These were the shows I saw:

1. Reading Buccaners ("The Black Symphony")

2. Minnesota Brass ("Bonnie and Clyde") -- last DCA appearance 2017

3. Hawthorne Caballeros ("Allegria!")

4. Connecticut Hurricanes ("Blokes and Birds") -- subsequent highest appearance 8th in 2014; missed Finals twice since then

5. Cadets2 ("Launch") -- RIP 2019

6. Empire Statesmen ("A City Called Sin") -- RIP 2014

7. Kidsgrove Scouts ("Valley of the Kings")

8. Atlanta CV ("God Save the Queen")

9. Fusion Core ("The Hit")

10. San Francisco Renegades ("Twisted") -- RIP 2013

A1. Carolina Gold ("Out of the Shadows")

A2. Govenaires ("Hot")

A3. Windsor Regiment ("Angels in the Architecture") -- RIP 2015

A4. White Sabers ("From Death till Dawn")

Since this is a predictions thread: how many people in 2012 would have predicted that five of those fourteen corps would be out of commission seven years hence?

Hard to believe, right?

Heck, even the announcer from 2012 is out of business!!! :tongue:

• Haha 2