2019 Predictions

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

An older, briefly resurrected, and now closed thread has me thinking back to the first DCA show I attended, which depending on your perspective is either "just" seven years ago or "way back" seven years ago. it was the Finals in 2012, for which I drove down to Annapolis on a whim after poking my head into this forum after several years of reading only DCP's DCI forums. I had been told way back in the early 1990s that the senior corps, about which I'd never heard, were decidedly second-class fare not worth my time to seek out, and finally decided to see for myself. These were the shows I saw:

1. Reading Buccaners ("The Black Symphony")

2. Minnesota Brass ("Bonnie and Clyde") -- last DCA appearance 2017

3. Hawthorne Caballeros ("Allegria!")

4. Connecticut Hurricanes ("Blokes and Birds") -- subsequent highest appearance 8th in 2014; missed Finals twice since then

5. Cadets2 ("Launch") -- RIP 2019

6. Empire Statesmen ("A City Called Sin") -- RIP 2014

7. Kidsgrove Scouts ("Valley of the Kings")

8. Atlanta CV ("God Save the Queen")

9. Fusion Core ("The Hit")

10. San Francisco Renegades ("Twisted") -- RIP 2013

A1. Carolina Gold ("Out of the Shadows")

A2. Govenaires ("Hot")

A3. Windsor Regiment ("Angels in the Architecture") -- RIP 2015

A4. White Sabers ("From Death till Dawn")

Since this is a predictions thread: how many people in 2012 would have predicted that five of those fourteen corps would be out of commission seven years hence?

I guessed on 2 of them.

I predict todays forecast keeps shifting from eh to ####! It needs to make up it's mind

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I predict todays forecast keeps shifting from eh to ####! It needs to make up it's mind

You noted in another thread that it was rained out. Sorry Atlanta CV made that trip.

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I guessed on 2 of them.

I predicted more to be honest with you . 

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You noted in another thread that it was rained out. Sorry Atlanta CV made that trip.

they delayed, then called it, and in the 44 minutes it took me to get home, it continued raining, and we were driving through what was yet to get to the show site. 

CV however did the MD parades I believe, so that helps get some $$, and they'll see DCA judges next week...and be on Flo!

Was cooped in the car waiting for word. Two of the last three regular season DCA contests have been rainouts for me.

I really think they need better contingencies in the event of rain. I would have been thrilled to see a standstill in a gym or on a stage rather than sit cooped up in my car nodding off in 80 degree weather. This is unfortunately one more thing for me, the Lead Bari is beginning to not feel it.

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

CV however did the MD parades I believe, so that helps get some $$, and they'll see DCA judges next week...and be on Flo!

no parades. straight up, straight back.

This really sucks but I always advocated that they needed head to head competition earlier in the season. glad they took the chance but it was a big bite out of the budget for almost 0 return.

6 hours ago, JohnZ said:

This really sucks but I always advocated that they needed head to head competition earlier in the season. glad they took the chance but it was a big bite out of the budget for almost 0 return.

Agreed! Sometimes you do everything right and get the wrong result 

• Like 1

CV did not do the MD parades, they will not be on flo until the DCI Southeastern champs on  July 27.   unless they filming something special for them.

12 hours ago, JohnZ said:

As an alum, I was really looking forward to hearing about how they stack up against bucs ans cabs. Hopefully they'll allow some video soon so folks can get a look.