2019 Predictions

19 hours ago, JohnZ said:

no parades. straight up, straight back.

This really sucks but I always advocated that they needed head to head competition earlier in the season. glad they took the chance but it was a big bite out of the budget for almost 0 return.

that bites. At least Bucs paid everyone for coming, show or no show

• Like 1

6 hours ago, totaleefree said:

CV did not do the MD parades, they will not be on flo until the DCI Southeastern champs on  July 27.   unless they filming something special for them.

ah i thought their show next week was on Flo. My bad.

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that bites. At least Bucs paid everyone for coming, show or no show

I had wondered if corps still did that.  at least it was something.  and I know CV used their time up there wisely, so all was not lost on the effort.

2 hours ago, JohnZ said:

I had wondered if corps still did that.  at least it was something.  and I know CV used their time up there wisely, so all was not lost on the effort.

True. If notging else, the rookies got some good lessons in how travel works with a corps. Knowing how to get on and off the bus, how floor time actually works in the real world, chow time etc is a valuable lesson that will serve members well should they move on to DCI corps.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Having seen Open Class prelims.

Spartans have the potential to land around 17th IMO, probably 19th if I'm being safe.  Maybe a bit behind the WC corps in that range cleanliness wise, but the design is just phenomenal.  Incredible soloists from them that can hang with a lot of WC corps, and they move incredibly well.  Colorguard is fantastic as always.  You HAVE to catch this show, it is so entertaining.  

Gold can land around 19th to 20th in my opinion.  Really clean in their white uniforms with a really well designed and performed show.  Great ballad from them.

Legends around 21st to 24th I think.  Very solid product overall that they perform well.  

If someone were to knock Seattle Cascades from semifinals, I think it would be Southind.  Great sounds coming from them and they have a very smartly designed visual program.  

ok so this is a DCA post

5 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

oops 😬 

I searched topics on the whole site and thought this was the DCI one.  My b.  *backs out of room awkwardly*

It's okay- to some people since this isn't about the usual things discussed on the DCA end of things... (Food, beer, shenanigans and safety concerns...) it's a winner.  :laugh:

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

oops 😬 

I searched topics on the whole site and thought this was the DCI one.  My b.  *backs out of room awkwardly*

all good!

Predictions?

Just look at the results from next show and there you go